• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Groucho Experiment

RYJ Belicosos

Box code ARA MAR 2001

Very mild flavors initially, slight hints of grass, cherry and honey. Working through the first getting some wood notes. As I get to the second, starting to get some fruity notes along with the woody notes and what I think Jeff best describes as grandmas attic. As the second continues getting a little chocolate and cinnamon, reminding me of a Chai Tea Latte. As Second ends earthy notes are prominent with wood and a hint of chocolate. Third is bringing a little more chocolate along with cedar and earth. This cigar smoked perfect with no touch ups, the notes were subtle but present, which would be expected for a cigar with 20+ years on it.

Smoke time 1hr 50 min

The secret of life is honesty and fair dealing. If you can fake that, you've got it made. - Groucho Marx
View attachment 64515
Chai Tea Latte? Hippie.

Excellent Stuff Texas. Thank you so much for doing this. Maybe those MUL DIC 13 Serie D#4s need more time :D

The good news is I'll be in the US, flight booked, sending you the rest and the missing in 10 days.

RyJ Short Churchill

Box code OLM Sep 2014

Dry draw is very fruity and floral

1st right off getting some chocolate, leather with mild pepper on retro. Draw and burn are perfect with no issues going into the second.

2nd getting more of the leather, wood and possibly toasted walnut. Still a little pepper on retro, maybe green pepper.

3rd the woody profile has taken front and center along with some leather and chocolate. Still getting pepper on the retro, but with a hint of creaminess.

There wasn't huge transitions on this cigar, but it still had some complexity to it. A very solid smoke from a great year of tobacco.

Smoke time on this one was right at an hour.

“Just give me a comfortable couch, a dog, a good book, and a woman. Then if you can get the dog to go somewhere and read the book, I might have a little fun.”
― Groucho Marx
30FC9AE9-9DBD-43C8-9480-97CE2459E4C9.jpeg

Ramon Allones Extra EL 2011

Box code RUE AGO 2011

I thought this cigar was going to be similar to some of the RASS's that I have smoked in the past, but it wasn't. The profile never really went anywhere and was bitter and tannic. There were some hints of baking spices, leather and earth, but not much sweetness or floral notes in this one. This is the first cigar from this series that I can honestly say I wasn't impressed. That being said, the construction and burn were good, I only had to touch it up once. The draw was a little loose, but not terrible.

Smoke time 1 hour 30 minutes

“Whatever it is, I'm against it.”
― Groucho Marx

49E67EA1-74A1-404B-BBDD-2A75D3C5AAA1.jpeg

Well it's about time you hit a dud. You said construction and burn were good.

I find in under-filled cigars there is less flavor and they burn hotter causing more bitter.

But you said construction and burn were good. I believe those in the past I've has have been hit or miss. I always blamed my tastebuds.

Your time and effort are greatly appreciated here. Thank you Texas!

I told John @jfields a cigar we were smoking tasted like the Christmas decorations from Grandmas attic.

Bill @CigSid may have had another quote, I'm just damn glad a trusted resource had a similar descriptor.:cool:
I believe it was a Partagas 160 Robusto that we were smoking.😁

Partagas Serie P2
Box code May 2005 unbanded

Dry boxed for five days

Right off I am getting earth, leather and a light woody note, with white pepper on the retro. Not much change going into the second, more earth and leather. Cigar is smoking vey well, no real transitions to speak of, but the notes are consistent and enjoyable. Stick is producing tons of smoke. I had to step away from cigar mid way through second, having to relight it after not being tended to for 15 minutes. Entering the final third picking up some cedar notes, but the earth and leather are still prominent. The white pepper has moved more towards black pepper on retro. Burn line was a little wonky after relight and required a couple touch ups along the way. This was a solid smoke with great Partagas notes.

Smoke time 1 hour 45 minutes

“He may look like an idiot and talk like an idiot but don't let that fool you. He really is an idiot.”
― Groucho Marx

AB4A6B5F-93C8-434E-B159-1D2077B599F0.jpeg

Last edited:
Montecristo "C" EL 2003
Box code Unknown

Dry boxed for 7 days

Dry draw I pick up dried fruit. Used punch on this one and the draw was perfect.

First third I am picking up some cocoa, coffee bean and woody flavors.

On the second third, I am getting, coffee, wood, nuts, and a little bit of earthiness.

Final third is more of the same wood, nuts, and earth, but started to get some hints of cream.

This wasn't an overly complex cigar, but the notes were quite enjoyable. The wrapper was a little on the rustic side visually, but the construction and burn were both perfect. Ash was a light grey/white and held on well.

Smoke time 1 hour 30 mintues

“I am free of all prejudices. I hate every one equally.”
― Groucho Marx
153BD862-3F94-4F40-B062-0E076D3EEDF3.jpeg
69FE1C15-2071-4B50-9895-4A76D3686522.jpeg

its beyond me how you can restrain yourself from smoking it all in one sitting 🥲
It would be easy to do so, just trying to give them all the proper attention when I smoke them, which is hard to do most days...