• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Importance of Packing

Nervjiggy

Hmmm
Reaction score
Well I got in a package today. It was wrapped in a plastic bag. I figured that was just because of the rain. Upon closer inspection I discovered some....damages to the box. Lucky, because of good packing, the contents were undamaged.

29370240.jpg

27640144-1.jpg
But remember!
29535680.jpg

That's a scratch, my friend. I've received a few that look like someone literally stomped on them. The cigars were smashed flat, hanging out of the box. Good vendors make it much easier to handle, though. :thumbs:

It is illegal to ship tobacco through the Post Office. This is a message for you. :p
But in all seriousness, this isn't the first problem the Post Office has caused to a box they ship. I had one where it was crushed enough that you could see the cigars on the inside. Luckily the BOTL packed them well enough or they would have been done in. It looked like someone had stepped on one side of the box. The scary part is as the price rises for shipping, the quality of service seems to be going down from all I have seen. :(

Of course the insurance wouldn't work as it wouldn't be covered under the Post Office Rules for products covered.

Illegal to ship tobacco through the PO?? I've gone into my PO with a baggie of cigars and had the guy at the counter bubble wrap it and put it in a Priority Mail box for me. He even made a comment on the package being cigars.

??

Illegal to ship tobacco through the PO?? I've gone into my PO with a baggie of cigars and had the guy at the counter bubble wrap it and put it in a Priority Mail box for me. He even made a comment on the package being cigars.

??

How did you change your name Ben?

Epic by the way:thumbs:

??
I was at the Post Office today faxing out some paperwork and I asked the guy about sending cigars and he said it's not allowed. Grant it, this is a small hole in the wall PO that is also a used toy train store. So I chalked it up to him not knowing what he was talking about. So I tracked down a number to the bigger PO in town and called them. The guy there said "certainly you can" when I asked him. So maybe it's a gray area to some employees? I know that I will be going to THAT PO when it comes time to ship, lol.

It is illegal to ship tobacco through the Post Office. This is a message for you. :p
But in all seriousness, this isn't the first problem the Post Office has caused to a box they ship. I had one where it was crushed enough that you could see the cigars on the inside. Luckily the BOTL packed them well enough or they would have been done in. It looked like someone had stepped on one side of the box. The scary part is as the price rises for shipping, the quality of service seems to be going down from all I have seen. :(

Of course the insurance wouldn't work as it wouldn't be covered under the Post Office Rules for products covered.

You think the postal service is bad you should try shipping UPS. If you put a fragile sticker on the box it's guaranteed they'll toss it against a wall.

I've never had a problem shipping cigars via USPS, but I've heard other people say they've been told you can't ship them. I just don't tell them what's in the box. Many vendors in the states offer USPS priority mail as a shipping option so I think whoever is saying no cigars in the mail doesn't know what they're talking about.

Glad it arrived! I have a room full of bubble wrap for just that reason. But for some reason I am too cheap to buy packing tape! Still think it is BS the PO stopped giving it to you for "free"

Packing is important when you're going to the mountains for three days... Good thread!

You think the postal service is bad you should try shipping UPS. If you put a fragile sticker on the box it's guaranteed they'll toss it against a wall.

I remember what UPS did to a certain bottle of Scotch. I know what they have done. :(

??

I know at least in Canada, you can't ship tobacco with Canada Post unless the shipment meets certain criteria. I don't recall all the details off the top of my head, but it's allowed if it's not inter-provincial, or you mush have a tobacco dealer license. I doubt they have the resources to inspect even a fraction of all parcels shipped domestically. I guess I won't let on that they've delivered more international shipments of candles to addresses of friends and family...

I just bought some rotors and pads for my car a week or so ago. They shipped it from CA to me usps. The boxes the rotors were in were pretty much destroyed and taped back together. Luckily the packing inside was really good and no damage was done.

I guess thats what you get for shipping rotors in medium flat rate boxes! LOL I'm suprised usps let them do it, those suckers were heavy and they did not fit perfect in that size box.

??

How did you change your name Ben?

Epic by the way:thumbs:

Ya know, pinch of pepper, dash of salt...

I figured it'd be appreciated and I found it hilarious myself! Phil done it

I just bought some rotors and pads for my car a week or so ago. They shipped it from CA to me usps. The boxes the rotors were in were pretty much destroyed and taped back together. Luckily the packing inside was really good and no damage was done.

I guess thats what you get for shipping rotors in medium flat rate boxes! LOL I'm suprised usps let them do it, those suckers were heavy and they did not fit perfect in that size box.
"If it fits it ships!"

As to legality of shipping cigars I suspect some postal employees may be confusing cigars with cigarettes. If I'm not mistaken individuals can't ship cigarettes via USPS since they figure they were probably aquired via means that weren't subject to state/federal taxes.

There have been several times where I have wanted to ship bricks in those flat rate boxes just to get back at them! I prices, slow shipping...mine as well take a flat rate, fill it with concrete and ship it for only $5 :sign: