• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The KC Area’s Fall 2006 Big Dinner Herf

Fuscat

The KC Area’s Fall 2006 Big Dinner Herf

When: Saturday September 16th 2006, 6:30pm - ?​
Where:​
The Pendergast Club @ The Majestic Steak House Downtown KCMO 931 Broadway Kansas City MO 64105 (10th & Broadway)​
Activities: Dinner, Use of lounge, Stocked game room for cards, and of course CIGAR SMOKING!

Dinner Info: The Majestic will provide a private dinner environment with full wait staff, to us in the Pendergast Club cigar lounge. (dining for up to 16 people, any more then that and we will go to the private banquet room on the 2nd floor to eat dinner, then back upstairs.) They will provide a full service private bar at the club. You are not required to have dinner to attend, though it is encouraged. They do want to sit us all down to serve dinner at one time. If it needs to be adjusted from the 8:00pm start time it won’t be a problem.

***UPDATE***
The Dinner Menu Will Be:

Hot Spinach & Artichoke Dip apetizer
Choice of House or Ceasar Salad
Choice of 8oz Beef Filet or 12oz KC Strip
Both Served with Majestic Sauce & Twice Baked Potatoes
Desert will be a Coffee with Kahlua & Bailey's

The schedule will be something along the lines of this:

6:30-8:00pm Arrival, drinks & smoking in the lounge. Probably appetizers served.
8:00pm-? Sit down and be served dinner.
After Dinner -? More relaxing and smoking in the lounge & using the game room for cards etc.

The game room has two poker tables of 6 spots each. We are free to use it, it’s stocked with poker chips and cards. We will have full use of the lounge for relaxing smoking etc. We are pretty much there for as long as we want, I would say we try to close it down around midnight, for safe travel home and to let the staff try to get wrapped up at a decent time as well.

***UPDATE***

Payment info: This dinner event will be an all-inclusive payment. Price is $60.00 per person. This will include your meal, appetizer, desert and a house brand cigar from the humidor. 20% gratuity is included, minimum gratuity = $100. Sales tax is at the downtown rate of 9.35% (also included).

IMPORTANT
Per the contract, I am required to provide a guaranteed guest count for dinner no later then 48 hours in advance. If you plan to attend, your payment MUST be made to me before this notice is given!! I will be responsible to pay them for the guaranteed head count they were provided with. If you don't show, I still have to pay, which means you do to! My credit card has gone on file to set this up! Hence the payment to me, prior to the 48 hour notice. (We're all adults I really don't see any issues here but I needed to put this as an FYI to you guys.)

Bar Info:
Drinks from the bar will be served as a Cash Bar Only! Pay as you go, no tabs. This was the only way to make it as easy as possible for everyone. So if you plan on drinking from the bar, bring cash!! There is a minimum gratuity the bar tender has to make of $100 to run it this way for us. So please be kind and make sure if you drink you do your part to take care of the bar tender!

Cigar info: They would "prefer" if we smoked their cigars (of course), however having been there, seeing that the price of their sticks is a bit above MSRP to be nice about it. You will recieve the one house brand that is included with your dinner. After that were free to do whatever (take it home and smoke our own! haha)

I know $60 isn’t exactly cheap, not to mention drinks etc, but I do think it will be worth it and we will have a fun evening to get together have some good food, couple drinks, some good smokes and good company!

Hope to see you there!

Here are the guest lists, feel free to post in the thread or send me PM to add yourself to the tentative list. Once payment has been made I will move you to the confirmed list. Let me assure you that I will be making no profit off of this dinner. It just started as an idea I had and decided to go through with to bring us all together to smoke and have a good time. If need be a seperate person can be decided on to collect payment.

Guest Lists:

Tentative:
Todd McMilian (Todd Mac) - Confirmed 7/19/06
Jon Heim (JHawk)
Loren Pennington (Mr. Peat) - Confirmed 7/19/06
Allen Wisbey (gandolf565) & Guests
Tony Sasso (OpusXKC)
Derek Fugate (Fuscat) - Confirmed 7/19/06
Brad Oldham (Smokyballs) & Guests - Confirmed 7/20/06

I wont be able to confirm this till August some time, but at this point its something I would love to do. I sent ya a pm as well Fuscat. :D

Put me down as a maybe. I will see if I can get my father to go, and may drag my son along also. (3 generations of Wisbeys, you guys will be in trouble :laugh: )

Anyone else planning on attending??? Come on folks -- it's gonna be a great time!! :D

There's got to be more KC guys out there who can join us!!! Come on now gang we know you're out there...get on the list so we can call this bitch a party!!

Actually it's certainly not limited to KC area folks so why not come to KC for some good food and some good cigars. If you guys don't start signing up, I swear I will start sending out Thompson sticks to teach you a lesson. Please don't make me stoop this low....friends don't let friends mail out Thompsons ya know.

Adding a bump to move it the top again. More info regarding menu items etc should be coming in the next few days I hope!

Hey, Derick. If we could open this up to a few more of our friends at the Outlaw I might be able to fill this up for you!

And If you guys don't start signing up I will start another WAR but it won't be with good things! I will make Todds threat even more real than you can imagine! Now where the hell did I put that box of Havana Honey Del Sol Chocolate Tubes, oh yes, the bathroom! :angry:

Ok if I don't do this, I am sure I will get a lot of shiznit! Besides I can't miss a time to play with "The Balls" and "Fandruff" :laugh: :laugh: . I am game.

Cool! Got you on there Tony!

Brad, not really sure how I feel about opening it up to be honest. And I don't mean that disrespectfully at all. My original intent was to just get the KC CigarPass forum members together to hang out and bond a little bit. Have some food & smoke some cigars. The thing that worries me about opening it up, is losing that close friend/CP community feeling. I am afraid it may end up being a room full of people that no one really knows each other..

Lets talk about it a little bit more in person?

On the update side of things, I will be talking with the event planner tomorrow regarding the menu items etc. And I have a meeting on Friday evening with the manager of the Pendergast Club.

Stay tuned!

Long as there is No cheese and dairy, its all good. Otherwise eating for me would be very difficult since I am highly allergic to any dairy whatsoever. So dont get any ideas of knocking me off and taking my stash. I got together with some Homebrewers out in O'Fallons that nearly did me it. All from a Caesar Salad. :0