• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "L" word

Lee

Well, everyone who's anyone knows what I won in Devin's picture contest.

Yes......it's a Lars, Mashie at that! Funny lookin thing, packaged in this bag with a piece of foam at the foot(perhaps so it couldn't escape?)

Anyhoo, the packaging reminded me of a toy, one side had this picture of a pretty cool looking guy swinging a golfclub and the other side was see-through, so you could look at was was creating the god-awful smell, eminating from the package!

Well, I decided that this one couldn't possibly go into the humidor, as I only have one, it I'm not insane! I figured I'd smoke it right away and put it out of it's misery!

Well, well into the party on Monday afternoon, many margaritas later, being liquored up and all, I go grab the Lars from the kitty's sandbox. I pulled it out and smelled it......whew.........I immediately had a flashback of he days when I followed the Dead around! It smelled like the sage we used to burn on top of my '77 Toyota station wagon at shows while my friend and I sold crystal necklaces! The mix of sage and patchouli oil definately brought back some scary memories!!!

Well, by now, I had several other in intoxicated individuals around me and I offered them a smell! The ladies found that it didn't stink like a regular cigar and the guys just went "whew!"

I proceeded to toast the foot, the bellydancers began to dance and I thought I heard that stringy-type music you only hear over in Asia somewhere or at your local Sushi bar!

I was surprised at the volume of smoke this thing produced but it was on the weak side! Typical skateboarder, can't handle the hard stuff! Anyway, while smoking it, I found myself thinking wierd thoughts, like, is there really infinity or will I be reincarnated as a tobacco beetle?

This smoke was different! I managed to smoke 3/4 of it before I had to let it go! It wasn't for me. I gave it a try, though and I'm posting my honest opinion here. It was an enlightening experience and I think they put something in those things to make you turn into a tree-hugger or something! Started feelin all mashie, I mean Mushie inside!

Well, I had to rush inside and finish the evening off with a Connie #30 Maduro! Now, that's what I'm talkin about.....pure tobacco taste, straight-forward, and strong!

PB, I'll gladly forward all Lars your way from this day forward!

LOL

Leebo

:sign: :sign: :sign: :sign:

OUCH!! Better put on the flame retardants Lee.. BTW... package headed your way today! On the Wm Ascott... the flavor is wonderful, but it comes in way overhumidified... it will get kind of mushy on the 1/4 end. I smoke em to 2/3 and bag em. That way lots of nice flavor, nice pull and feelings.. and no mush! Your call enjoy!

nothing is perfect... well mostly :D

I was going to send out something today but ran out of time. I will get you something out by the end of this week! Crazy schedule this week!

Thanks Bob!

I'm sure I'll enjoy whatever you send my way!!!!!

Mooooooooooooooooooooch!

Leebo :D

Actually I enjoy both of these... the Wm Ascotts are a fave.. local find only! The Cuba Libre Gargantuan ( My name) for tis a true Churchill + is very pleasant... but I am finding some of them very mild...too mild for my taste..... kind of 2 dimensional... nice burn, nice fragrance, but never develope any bite..... I tend to like a cigar that starts mild or medium.. hits highs and then mellows for a smooth finish..

but My experience is WAAAAY limited :)

Your input would be appreciated after you taste and report back! :D

Devin, you did notice I had to get a little buzz before I got up enough nerve to burn it!

LMAO :p

Now, thanks to you, I can say with all honesty that I have had the Lars experience!

Thanks, Bro!!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

Nice review Lee, you lucky dog!!! LMAO ;)

Oh and I'm sure that sage wasn't the only green herb you burned at the dead shows!! :sign: :sign: :sign:

Lee, you forgot to mention the grilled cheese and veggie burritos. What deadhead didn't live on that mush.lol. How about the trips behind a van for a few $2 nitros hits...LMFAO...did that Lars make you wanna take your shoes off and dance?lol :p

I can see Lee now...man this Lars sucks...but man...doesn't that cloud up there look like Jerry...where are my bootlegs :D

Yep, those were the flashbacks I had! :sign: