• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Library Editions

gawntrail

Have any of you guys tried these cigars:

The Library Editions

I'm gonna sweet talk the wife and see if I can't get the whole set. I really want the boxes for my book shelf (I've got 50 or so Library Edition type books already). These seem like a very cool idea, and a cool addition to anyone's office, bedroom, library, workspace.

JR says they commisioned a humidor maker to copy a bookcase for them to be stored in too! What do you guys think of these? Do you think the smokes/special boxes are worth the ~$80/each price tag?

M. Gipson

I'd bet the smokes aren't. If you really like the idea and think they would make a nice accent on your bookcase $80 seems pretty reasonable. You can always put better cigars in it.

Only if you like the boxes. JR sells all the cigars in a regular box for less.

If you kept cigars in them you'd still have to track humidity levels in each. Seems like that would become a pain after a while. If you had a cabinet humidor then it might look cool as a display on one of the shelves. JMHO

Is it really a book WITH cigars? Or just cigars with a book title printed on the humidor case? Regardless, still very gimmicky.

AVB said:
If you kept cigars in them you'd still have to track humidity levels in each. Seems like that would become a pain after a while. If you had a cabinet humidor then it might look cool as a display on one of the shelves. JMHO
If you click on one of the cigars listed, this is what comes up...

“IVANHOE” by Scott: A classic 6.25-inch-by-45 Cuban corona in a in a beautiful mahogany red, leatherbound book of 20 cigars that’s gonna just look sensational in the Barrister Bookcase Humidors that go on sale in our next catalogue.

This might be a cool way to keep a humi at work without worrying about the cleaning people stealing it :thumbs:

I might pick up the Bolivar Fuerte :)

Cheers,
Dixie

vewyphishy said:
Is it really a book WITH cigars? Or just cigars with a book title printed on the humidor case? Regardless, still very gimmicky.
They are cigar boxes (that look like books when tuned up on their side) that have a leather spine (hinge side) and are imprinted with the name of the cigars and a famous novel w/author. They are colored (dark green, dark blue, maroon, brown, etc) with gold lettering and block print. Next month, JR is offering a humidor that looks like a glass fronted book case to store them in.

I think these would look sweet in my office. I've got a couple sets of Library Edition novels, encyclopedias, environmental law books, and an original set of Presidential articles, findings, and opinions. I collect these types of books (you'd be amazed at what a quarter can buy at yard sales, thrift stores, and second hand book stores).

If anyone likes the cigars that are in them (Excalibur, Punch, Hoyo, etc....) maybe we can work something out (say halfers and I keep 5 cigars and the boxes?)

M. Gipson

If you're interested in these, then check the weekly special on JR's website (they just put it up).