• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Mistake on the Lake...

punk_lawyer

Habeas Punkus
Has anyone been to Cleveland Indian Snow Days? I know that you would have to breathe the air in Ohio's armpit to be at this event but the concept is amusing and people seem to be enjoying the ballpark in the winter. Gets people downtown. Makes people feel better about how bad the Indians are. Makes people spend some money with the team in winter.

Amusing.

Most people in the area are so turned off by the Indians that they don't want to support anything related to the team. The Dolans should be removed from professional sports.

At least they are doing something with the park...but the field will probably be destroyed from all the winter trampling.

Trivia question: What is the only MLB team to trade back to back reigning Cy Young winners?

I'm getting ready to have to drive up to the top of Michigan's LP in 4 weeks and thought Cleveland would be a good spot for me to stop and cut my trip in half. The way you guys talk about it makes me wonder if I should just continue on through with my 14 hour drive! :laugh:

....nevermind, I thought it was Cleveland, but it will be Columbus.

I'm getting ready to have to drive up to the top of Michigan's LP in 4 weeks and thought Cleveland would be a good spot for me to stop and cut my trip in half. The way you guys talk about it makes me wonder if I should just continue on through with my 14 hour drive! :laugh:

Jonesy, if you are going to be in Columbus, let me know. I will get there for a smoke. I have spent some time in the top of Michigan's LP and I have to admit...I love that area. Traverse City is great! Too bad you will be a bit late for the salmon and steelhead runs. I can maybe give you some thoughts on where to break up your trip if need be.

Jonesy, if you are going to be in Columbus, let me know. I will get there for a smoke. I have spent some time in the top of Michigan's LP and I have to admit...I love that area. Traverse City is great! Too bad you will be a bit late for the salmon and steelhead runs. I can maybe give you some thoughts on where to break up your trip if need be.

I'm probably going to stop around Columbus on Wednesday Jan 15th to cut my trip in half. I'm actually not going too far from Traverse City....I'm going to Lake City for my best friends wedding that weekend. He's been trying to get my up there for a while around August or September I think for some salmon fishing.

I will be in Kzoo the 20th-29th. If you are interested in a smoke, LMK.

-Ree

i'd already be home by then. Thanks for the offer though!

Lake City is a county away from Traverse City. I really think Traverse City is a kept secret of spare time greatness. I love that area.

Get in touch with me closer to the time of your trip, Jonesy, we will see what can come together.

Lake City is a county away from Traverse City. I really think Traverse City is a kept secret of spare time greatness. I love that area.

Get in touch with me closer to the time of your trip, Jonesy, we will see what can come together.

Will do Stu. I'm still up in the air right now on flying into Grand Rapids or driving up. Tix went from $234 on Tues. to $340+ yesterday. I just hate having my buddy drive an hour and a half or whatever it is down to Grand Rapids, but Traverse City adds another $125 to fly into. I'll check in with you around New Years.

Will do Stu. I'm still up in the air right now on flying into Grand Rapids or driving up. Tix went from $234 on Tues. to $340+ yesterday. I just hate having my buddy drive an hour and a half or whatever it is down to Grand Rapids, but Traverse City adds another $125 to fly into. I'll check in with you around New Years.

When I was pricing tickets last year to fly out to KC prices were always lower on Monday and Tuesday and would shoot up $75 or so later in the week. The following Monday and Tuesday prices were back down.

Keep me in the loop and I can probably meet up with you guys if you happen to be in Columbus.

Jonesy, if you end up driving and stop in Columbus and like beer, hit up the winking lizard. Their food is pretty good, but the real treat is the 100+ beers they have on the menu.

I've also heard good things about the Tinderbox if you want to smoke in Columbus.

Let me know how much snow is up there. I remember seeing snow that still hadn't melt in May when we'd go up to Traverse and some years 120" total snowfall.