• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

THE Most Elusive Cigar

ParaGod

Semper Fi
I was wanting to find out, what is the most sought after cigar by most cigar smokers, is it something as simple as an everyday smoke that you can get anywhere or is it the cigar that is only made in one spot in cuba hand rolled on the thigh of a virgin. For allof you people who don't understand this post, I want to know the name of the cigar. :D

Interesting question Bruddah!

I'd say the most sought after smokes will vary for each member here depending on what they like to smoke or what they like to collect...

That being said here's some of my sought after smokes...

Padron 1926 Maduro
Unreleased Opus X
Don Carlos Lancero
Dunhills
Davidoffs
Boli Gold Medals
La Flor de Cano Short Churchill
and... Davidoff Dom Perignon

I don't know if I'd smoke some of these cigars but I sure would like them for my collection... LOL!

Aloha,

Wade

I think most peoples list have a few that stay the same, and the rest of the list is always evolving. I'm not a big Opus fan, as they asre typically a stronger cigar than I smoke. But If I had the money I would collect the unreleased ones. I still have yet to try a Dunhill or Davidoff in the Cuban variety(hint hint) Other than that, I am always on the look out for Padron Milleniums, Partagas 150's or the 155's, AF Anejo's. I have yet to try the CAO Millenium. The Odessey is a good cigar that I am also willing to buy every now and then. Otherwise my list is getting more narrow as I spend time here passing. Couple of ones on my list to try are sitting humi right now that I haven't smoked yet. I am sure I'll see something on someone else's list.
Emo

I'd like to sit with a master roller and a few bails of aged cuban tobacco and have him keep rolling until I found that perfect cigar! :D

In my dreams right? :sign:

Elusive, or maybe for "one day", being the cigar smoker I am as opposed to the cigar collector that some are, I would like to smoke a cigar from my birth year or close to.

And that would be something Cuban from late 1957 or early 1958. 12/57.

There's probably something out there somewhere.

RyJ Churchill so far is my absolute favorite and while readily available they are few are far between for me. So, they seem elusive.

It's all good!

+JerryG

i've always wanted to try one of those cigars that is wrapped like a barber pole,(no, not red and white). :D

Ah yes.

A Hemingway Between The Lines would be good find. Pretty rare I believe.

If I am not mistaken Oliveros made some two wrappers. Probably other makers as well.

+JerryG

Between The Lines, or an In Between The Lines.

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm :D

Hugo Cassar also made some double wrapped cigars, the mystique is one of them. I have been trying to get a few to try them out. I just want to see if there is really a taste difference with two different outer wraps.

Like Derek said, the Bolivar Especiale would be a top on my list. But add to that a Dunhill cabinetta, or Havana Club. Some others I'd love to have in the collection include the Gold Medal, Sancho Panza Dorado and while I have a few, Cohiba "A" s are always nice to have around. ;) There are so many out there that it's hard to really say what is more elusive than others, but on my list I would bet the hardest one to come by would be the Dorado. Someone told me I could look at one once, but I think we forgot to look. ;)

Matt R said:
Someone told me I could look at one once, but I think we forgot to look. ;)
And what were you smoking THAT evening? hmmmmm?? :p

gws3 said:
i've always wanted to try one of those cigars that is wrapped like a barber pole,(no, not red and white). :D
I've got one of those. Saving it for the wedding. I bought it from Gil along with a box of Short Stories about a year ago. Been in the deep sleep box ever since.

Is there a significant difference in taste with the two wrappers(barber pole)?

Haven't smoked it, I'll let you know next year :p

heheh :lookup:

The elusive cigar's for me are, the AF-Between the Lines. Padron Anniversery, Partagas 150's and 151, AF- Anejo's. Now has anybody gotten or heard of the new SUper-ultra pricey cigar that just came out.Zino Platinum Crown Series, are these cigars just more hype to sell cigars.

ParaGod said:
Is there a significant difference in taste with the two wrappers(barber pole)?
Nope, not to me. I've smoked a couple dozen of these over the years and while it is my favorite Hemingway, I don't think it's worth anything over the MSRP, which is around $14. You're not going to get quite the same taste as the regular line Hemingway because the wrapper is not cameroon. But, if you can find 'em they're a good cigar to have in the box for a change of pace.

My illusive line includes:

Hemmingway BTL
WOA Maduro (did have one of these awhileback - mmmmmmmmmm)
Padron 1926
CAO Oddessy (had 2 at one time, smoked one - awesome, and traded one)

Sam

Oh yeah and:

Opus X Power Ranger
Anejo's

I have to ask another dumb question. What exactally is the power ranger. I have never even had an Opus X and would like to know which one to look for.
Thanks
Jerry

Jerry the official name is the Opus xXx. It's a small belicoso-shaped cigar (4 5/8 x 49) with a red ribbon on the foot.