• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Most Stupid Topic on Cigarpass

Ludwig

~Puros Mas Finos~
Okay I warned you all, but I am sitting here looking at a box of cigarbands...hope to make a tkoepp ashtray soon, and I am thinking to myself....

What bands are the hardest to remove without ripping them? And dont say you just slide them off :)

2 Catagories.

Domestics & ISOM's.

This is what I have found

Domestics:
Tatuaje

ISOM's
Cohibas

Agreed about Tatuaje. I would like to add I have removed countless Opus bands and they almost always take a piece of the wrapper with them. Totally pisses me off.

Stinki

Agreed about Tatuaje. I would like to add I have removed countless Opus bands and they almost always take a piece of the wrapper with them. Totally pisses me off.

Stinki

Yep, most all the fuente products i smoke are HARD as hell to remove w/ out tearing

This one is easy. El Centurion by Don Pepin Garcia. Not only are the wrappers sub-micron in thickness, but they manage to glue a bit of the label to each one. I have to use my teeny little swiss army knife to get the label started, and I have yet to take one off without a chunk of wrapper going with it. Just sucks...... :p

Regards - B.B.S.

I had a couple Perdomos recently that I couldn't get the band off at all. I swear they used super glue to put that thing on at least they were not stuck to the wrapper. It isn't a particular company, but many of the Connecticut Shade Wrappers seem to have habit of tearing with the band.

As far as Cubans go the the bands on the Bolivars I have got so much glue on them that you have to wait awhile for the cigar to warm up before even attempting to touch the band.

I would go with Tatuaje as well. I have yet to get a complete band off without a tear.

For ISOMs, I have had a bunch of Partagas Shorts that just will not give up their bands without a fight.

ARRRRGGGG!!!!!!!!!!!

Tatajue bands INFURIATE me. Just once I want one to come out clean. Needless to say, I won't be making a Tat ashtray any time soon...

Interesting topic! :D

I'd say Opus X BUT not all the time, just more than others. Padron 1926s aren't easy either, I have to be careful and when I actually take the time (and have some fingernails :D ), I can get them off without tearing them.

I find all real Cuban cigar bands to be equally hard to get off in one piece, they usually tear slightly but not enough to ruin them for anyone who wants to use them for projects. I save almost all of my bands and when someone posts that they want some for a project, I send them out.

I don't smoke Tats so I can't comment on those.

NC: Normal AF bands (green, black striped)

CG: Partagas

Tatuaje bands piss me the hell off. The cigars make me happy in the pants.

It's a love-hate trade off.

I'd say Opus X BUT not all the time, just more than others. Padron 1926s aren't easy either, I have to be careful and when I actually take the time (and have some fingernails :D ), I can get them off without tearing them.

I find all real Cuban cigar bands to be equally hard to get off in one piece, they usually tear slightly but not enough to ruin them for anyone who wants to use them for projects. I save almost all of my bands and when someone posts that they want some for a project, I send them out.

I agree 100% with Bill on this one. OpusX and Padron 1926s are hit or miss, they either come off really easy or they tear. More often then not, they tear for me.

I find the hardest ones to take off are the labels that done not have embossing or gloss on them like old style H. Upmann, Rafael Gonzalez, Sancho Panza, and Tatuaje.

Throw my vote in for the Tats and El Centurions. They both drive me crazy.

I agree with comments on the Cubans. They all seem to be pretty tough to dig off, especially when the ash is buring your finger. However, the last Boli PC's I got, about 1/2 bands come off easily and the other 1/2 are tough. I was shocked by the fact they came off so easily so I guess that they were about out of glue when those were going on. :rolleyes:

... the bands on the Bolivars I have got so much glue on them that you have to wait awhile for the cigar to warm up before even attempting to touch the band.

Bolivar (Cuba) are the absolute worst I have seen from the island. Some have huge amounts of glue that binds to the wrapper. Some are simply put on so tight that you practically have to smoke the band to get it off. Others from the island can also be tough at times, but for consistency you can count on Bolivar! I have often wondered what might possibly be the problem versus other marques.

My experiences with NCs have been all across the board but none consistently tough to remove
bands.

Cheers,
antaean

I've actually never had much trouble with the Tats. Fuentes, pretty much across the board, always give me trouble. I usually rip them down the middle of the front and pull them off in two pieces. I still tear the wrapper relatively often.

Opus have been the easiest for me. For some reason, they easily pull off.

Cohiba/Bolivar give me fits.