• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Padron conundrum...

Tillers

So, I took the much offered advice offered by many a Cigar Pass enthusiast and picked up a couple of Padron's the other day. Smoked them both that day. Picked up a couple more after work tonight and smoked a stick as soon as I got home. I was like a kid at Christmas, couldn't wait to get home to smoke it.

Now I have the second one sitting there, calling my name. There's still many hours left in the night and I may just have to go out and light it up!

This brings me to the conundrum. These are not only one of the best tasting, smoothest smoking cigars I've tried, but they are also the least expensive. So, I'm saving money per cigar, but when I smoke two a day, I'm paying more.

What to do, life is full of tough decision, this being just one of them!!!

???

At least you made it home. I've been known to torch them as soon as I get in the truck. They are fabulously consistent and smooth which is why I've been on a huge Padron kick lately.
Enjoy

Get a 2nd job. It didnt help me as my 2nd job is at my local B.&M. I owe them at the end of the week. :0

Don

Save up for a box! That will help a little bit on price per stick, and find a B&M that gives you box discounts the more you buy.

Since you love Padron so much, send Keystone_Raider a PM (you can find his Padron thread down in the retailer forum). Great prices by the box for great smokes.

They are fabulously consistent and smooth which is why I've been on a huge Padron kick lately.
Enjoy

They sure are. Burn very consistently all the way down, until they're too hot to smoke! :0

Since you love Padron so much, send Keystone_Raider a PM (you can find his Padron thread down in the retailer forum). Great prices by the box for great smokes.

Thanks for the tip, just PM'd him!

They sure are. Burn very consistently all the way down, until they're too hot to smoke! :0

Too hot to smoke? Look around the forums for the nub challenge that OpusXKC and Mr. Peat had one year at the outlaw. That's some crazy stuff!!

Padrons are mighty yummy!!!!

Dude, you're so screwed. Wait until you get your hands on some aged ones!

This couldn't be more true!

I was lucky enough to be gifted some aged Padron 2000 mad. when I first joined and couldn't believe how good they were. So I took the advice of many here and bought 2 boxes one for now (or more like then) and one for a year later. Well I'm coming up on that year this spring and I can't wait to dive in.

Just do it, Tillers! Bite the bullet and buy a box! Put half away for a year and keep half for now.

Good luck!

Too hot to smoke? Look around the forums for the nub challenge that OpusXKC and Mr. Peat had one year at the outlaw. That's some crazy stuff!!

As in down till there's like 1/2 of the cigar left and the heat is too close to my lips and I'm running out or places to hold onto the cigar :cool:
Just do it, Tillers! Bite the bullet and buy a box! Put half away for a year and keep half for now.

Good luck!

Yea, I am going to order a box through Keystones offer.

The guy at my LCS told me once I try the high end ones I won't want to go back, so I'm staying away from them for now!!

As in down till there's like 1/2 of the cigar left and the heat is too close to my lips and I'm running out or places to hold onto the cigar :cool:

If you only get half way through the cigar and it becomes to hot, then you need to slow down your smoking speed. I'm hoping you meant a 1/2 inch?

The guy at my LCS told me once I try the high end ones I won't want to go back, so I'm staying away from them for now!!

That's not true. While the 1926s and 1964s are excellent, excellent cigars. I still find myself often reaching for a the regular Padron line often. Sure the anniversary lines are better, but for the price point I can justify smoking a lot of the regular line Padrons.

I think the 1964's hit a perfect spot. The 26's are rather expensive and not that much better unless money is no object. I've only been somewhat of a regular x000 fan, though I did smoke half a box of some 6000s. I just enjoy the 64 anniversary series so much more.

If you only get half way through the cigar and it becomes to hot, then you need to slow down your smoking speed. I'm hoping you meant a 1/2 inch?

That's not true. While the 1926s and 1964s are excellent, excellent cigars. I still find myself often reaching for a the regular Padron line often. Sure the anniversary lines are better, but for the price point I can justify smoking a lot of the regular line Padrons.

There's just no accounting for taste!

2000, 3000, 5000, 6000, 7000, 1964s and 1926- great smokes all! :thumbs:

Padron makes some great products.