• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Printing Field

gtphale

newbie at heart
Just curious how many are in the printing field. Rather you print cans, plastic, film labels, or even Kinko's. And just a short description of what you print on and what press you use.

I work for United States Can Company, recently purchased by Ball Metal. I'm a journey man Coater Operator, and an apprentice lead Pressman. I have been there for 12 yrs. now. I work on a 15 in. Wagner Coater, printing on three piece metal cans.

Any other printers out there? Or anybody that makes presses or parts for presses?

I have good knowledge that Neal (SamClemmons) is the owner of a small print shop but I'm not sure that he does cans. He is from the woods so he probably lines them up on a wall and has target practice shootin' them........ :D :thumbs: :p

While recovering from a repelling accident I did some work on an AB Dick 360 and a Harris 48” 4 color.

I worked in a few different print shops in my other life. 1 color, 2 color and even 4 color seperation. I use to make the "proof" copies for playboy's magazine cover. I would make two and hang one on my wall at home. Those where the days!

Focused on printmaking at art school, but not the mass production B.S. Did intaglio prints for several visiting artists and faculty during my time in school. Summer interned at Vinalhaven Press in Maine, one year too.

I work for a large independent print shop. We run 2-,4-,6-, and 8-color sheetfed presses and 2-, 6-, and 7-color heat-set web presses. Most of them are Heidelbergs. We do everything from Photography to mailings.

I work in the pre-press area on Financial jobs. (Prospectuses, Annual Reports, SEC filings etc..)

I worked for crown for almost two years printing beer cans. That made for a rough day of work. Would come home dieing to have a beer. That was on a six color Planeta. Shop i'm in now has one 6 color Planeta,and several 2 color Hoe presses. Along with one 4 color Hoe.

AVB said:
While recovering from a repelling accident I did some work on an AB Dick 360 and a Harris 48” 4 color.
[snapback]292879[/snapback]​

Repelling accident? Did you fall off an ugly chick?

Rapelling accidents, on the other hand, are all to common.

Don't knwo why I just did that, I'm not usually the spelling/grammar correcting type.

I'm a lifer as far as printing is concerned. I've ran an old Kluge Letterpress,a 10 unit Goss Community Web press, an American Mug printer,and a General sheetfed cylinder screenprinting press.

Right now, I am the lead R&D pressman for Reebok Garment Division. I use an M&R 16 color silkscreen press.

If it can print, I've probably used it.

smokelaw1 said:
AVB said:
[snapback]292879[/snapback]​

Repelling accident? Did you fall off an ugly chick?

Rapelling accidents, on the other hand, are all to common.

Don't knwo why I just did that, I'm not usually the spelling/grammar correcting type.
[snapback]293114[/snapback]​

:whistling:

:D

I have a nice photocopier at work I use to make pictures of me flipping myself off..does that count?