• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Shield

gawntrail

Watched the season premier Tuesday. Looks to me that Mackey's character is going to take a turn down the less adventurous path. The argument in the Barn with Acevedo was very telling. I hope they don't water it down to try and mainstream Mackey's character.

Obviously fiction, the rogue cop bit was exciting. Kind of played on the public perception (realistic or not) of what most LAPD cops are. Not a day goes by out here without a 'community activist' bashing LAPD for being racist. Well, anyways.........

The Shield started out this season slightly above average. I look forward to seeing how Mackey and the other ex-strike team members fair against each other.

BTW, if you saw it, what do you think of FXs other shows?

M. Gipson

I enjoyed the season opener. I thought it was better than most of last seasons episodes. The new Cpt."Glen Close" is interesting. My thought, she'e dirty also. Only time will tell.

Cheeze said:
I enjoyed the season opener. I thought it was better than most of last seasons episodes. The new Cpt."Glen Close" is interesting. My thought, she'e dirty also. Only time will tell.
[snapback]172990[/snapback]​

Interesting.....come to think of it.....

"I need to trust you, but right now I don't. You've got one week to get your $hit together." And earlier when she put Acevedo on the carpet about Mackey...."You've had XX amount of time.........but you didn't.....is it because he's too effective?"

Good insight Cheeze. Something to think about.

M. Gipson

I’ve thought about a dirty Glenn Close ever since Fatal Attraction. :thumbs:

Cheeze said:
...The new Cpt."Glen Close" is interesting. My thought, she'e dirty also. Only time will tell.

AVB said:
I’ve thought about a dirty Glenn Close ever since Fatal Attraction. :thumbs:

Cheeze said:
...The new Cpt."Glen Close" is interesting.  My thought, she'e dirty also.  Only time will tell.
[snapback]172998[/snapback]​

But the mileage is so high now..........

M. Gipson

Yeah but I bet the engine still runs fine. :blush:

gawntrail said:
But the mileage is so high now..........

M. Gipson
[snapback]173006[/snapback]​

I watched the show on Tueaday and was not at all impressed. I never liked Glen Close and like her even less now.

I think the other FX shows that they've been hyping are also 2nd rate shows, they don't look very good or interesting.

coventrycat86 said:
I watched the show on Tueaday and was not at all impressed. I never liked Glen Close and like her even less now.

I think the other FX shows that they've been hyping are also 2nd rate shows, they don't look very good or interesting.
[snapback]173012[/snapback]​

Well then, what does CC like to watch?

M. Gipson

gawntrail said:
coventrycat86 said:

[snapback]173012[/snapback]​

Well then, what does CC like to watch?

M. Gipson
[snapback]173052[/snapback]​

Probably Scoobie-Do. :whistling:

I've seen The Shield off and on, thought it was pretty intense....was working the other night so I missed that one.

As far as the other shows on FX, I dig Rescue Me and Nip Tuck, pretty good stuff in my opinion. I always been a huge Denis Leary fan! :thumbs:

Guys, how many times do I have to tell you that the spelling of my last name is SCHEID, not Shield....geez, and by the way, I prefer to be called "The Joe"...

Thank you

IMO, I've always loved the shield, and although this one started out a bit different that previous seasons, I think it's just kinda setting the tone for what's to come. Having Lem & Shane cameo only says they'll be teaming up again, although I'm a little thrown by Vic telling Shane to "put it back" in the house. David is and always has been a bitch. I'm glad Claudette & Dutch are on the sh*t list of the DA's cuz Claudette is a goody goody and Dutch is a dork. BTW, anyone know how to pronounce "CCH" Pounder's first name? Glen Close is no favorite of mine, especially since Reversal of Fortune when she was yelling "DO SOMETHING" at Jeremy Irons.

Other FX shows, Nip/Tuck & Rescue Me is thumbs up all the way. I'm dying to see Andre Braughers new show that I think will be called "Thief." Some of you might remember him as homicide detective Frank Pembleton on Homicide: Life on the Street.

FX = :thumbs: :thumbs: :thumbs:

When do the new seasons for Nip Tuck and Rescue Me start???

Don't know about Nip/Tuck but I think the confirmed date for Rescue Me is August 3rd.

5 more months :angry2:

You know, it kills me how they make you wait so long, you forget what the hell is going on with the show!!! LOL

I just remember Tommy coming to his ex's house and everything was gone! Can't wait!

Well just be glad you aren't waiting for The Sopranos. 2 1/5 years for the final season to start.

Show hasn't even been really that great since season 3.

I wanna know what's gonna happen in Nip/Tuck since the slasher showed up at the wrong house and sliced up the wrong doctor :0

I think the slasher planned it that way....

I gave up on the Sopranos after I heard that crap! Pitiful!

When I asked for good shows to check out, Shield was one of them. I liked it, and still do. I thought it got a lot better after the first season, somehow the cast just got more familiar with each other. I have high hopes for season 4! :)