• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Smart Car

in2xshp

Banned
I thought this was pretty cute, my son just sent me this in an e-mail and I just had to share this....

Sam

The Smart Car
untitled-1.jpg

But look at all of the 'great new choices'

We will have from 'The SMART Car'....

The Smorvette!
smorvette.jpg

The Smaudi A3 AWD!
smaudia3.jpg

The Smamborghini!
lambo.jpg

The Smorsche!
porsche.jpg

The Smerrari!
ferrari.jpg

And last, but not least,

The Smustang-
mustang.jpg

I'm 6'7" and would love to sit in a smart car just to see how well I fit.

I'm 6'7" and would love to sit in a smart car just to see how well I fit.

Suprisingly well, I would imagine. I am 6'2 and weighed 330 when I sat in one. They more room inside than Mazda Miata. I could operate a Smartcar but it isn't safe for me to drive a Miata. My left knee can easily get jammed between the door and the steering wheel which could be problematic.

I'm 6'2" as well, and keep looking wistfully at the Cooper Mini Clubman. Kewl as they come, but I just know I'll never fit behind the wheel comfortably. I'm long in the torso for my height, and in most compact sedans I'm to the headliner sitting down.

I've seen some of the Smarts around town, though, and they're taller than they look.

~Boar

I'm 6'2" as well, and keep looking wistfully at the Cooper Mini Clubman. Kewl as they come, but I just know I'll never fit behind the wheel comfortably. I'm long in the torso for my height, and in most compact sedans I'm to the headliner sitting down.

I've seen some of the Smarts around town, though, and they're taller than they look.

~Boar

Is that the newer version, with the barn style rear doors? About a year before they came out, I was part of a market research group, and one of the cars there was that one. Didn't get to drive it, but did sit behind the wheel. I'm 6' and fat, and was surprised at how comfortable it was. Check it out. What's the worst that could happen - you realize that you actually can't sit comfortably?

I'm 6'2" as well, and keep looking wistfully at the Cooper Mini Clubman.

~Boar

Is that the newer version, with the barn style rear doors? About a year before they came out, I was part of a market research group, and one of the cars there was that one. Didn't get to drive it, but did sit behind the wheel. I'm 6' and fat, and was surprised at how comfortable it was. Check it out. What's the worst that could happen - you realize that you actually can't sit comfortably?

Yep, that's the one. About 18" longer than the Mini, I think, and they do a heckuva lot with that foot 'n a half.

I'm jammed against the headliner in Civics and Sentras and such, though, so I don't hold out much hope. But you're absolutely right, I should just go check it out. It's too sweet a ride not to make sure.

~Boar

I should just go check it out. It's too sweet a ride not to make sure.

~Boar

??? I don't know Boar, I can't see a rough dude like you in a girly car like a Mini!!! :laugh:

All's I know is that I sat in a Mini, and I was uncomfortable as hell, and I'm 6'3" 245...

I drove a Smart Car about a month ago. I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than short trips. It was very uncomfortable after about 10 minutes and I'm not exactly NFL material.

I drove a Smart Car about a month ago. I wouldn't recommend it for anything other than short trips. It was very uncomfortable after about 10 minutes and I'm not exactly NFL material.

Not to mention, while your corpse will look great in the casket due to the steel roll cage that essentially makes up the chassis, your organs will probably pulverize against your ribcage if you get hit by anything larger than a Tahoe...

I'll skip the good gas mileage for my huge hunk of metal with a big engine! :D

The Smart does look pretty hilarious to me though, every time I see one on the freeway, I wonder where the big wind up key on the top went.

From every thing I have been told, and I was told by one of the reps at the Mercedes factory outside Stuttgart, the passenger campartment meets the same safety standards as the C-Class.

Food for though

Tim

From every thing I have been told, and I was told by one of the reps at the Mercedes factory outside Stuttgart, the passenger campartment meets the same safety standards as the C-Class.

Food for though

Tim

Nothing against you, but I don't buy it. I'm a truck driver, so I'm sure you can see why I don't buy it.

Food for though

Tim

Nothing against you, but I don't buy it. I'm a truck driver, so I'm sure you can see why I don't buy it.

Oh, I am right there with you. I think the wording is the key....passenger compartment... how safe is one of those without the rest of the car to help absorb impact?

i am sure it is all in the fine print

Tim

I'm 6'2" as well, and keep looking wistfully at the Cooper Mini Clubman.

~Boar

Yep, that's the one. About 18" longer than the Mini, I think, and they do a heckuva lot with that foot 'n a half.

I'm jammed against the headliner in Civics and Sentras and such, though, so I don't hold out much hope. But you're absolutely right, I should just go check it out. It's too sweet a ride not to make sure.

~Boar

I'm 6'6", but all legs. So it's different, but the MINI is the most comfortable car I've ever driven and I used to valet, so I've driven pretty much everything. If it weren't for it taking premium gas and the damage done in small accidents, I'd definitely get one when I replace my Celica and have a real job. Right now, I'm probably looking at a Cobalt down the line.

I should just go check it out. It's too sweet a ride not to make sure.

~Boar

??? I don't know Boar, I can't see a rough dude like you in a girly car like a Mini!!! :laugh:

All's I know is that I sat in a Mini, and I was uncomfortable as hell, and I'm 6'3" 245...

Girly? GIRLY?!?! Soulpupster! I'm old enough to remember the original Mini! It was a RALLY car . . . built for men. Men with five o'clock shadows, grease under their fingernails, British accents . . . and big, clanging brass balls! :laugh:

~Boar

SNIP<<<<I'm not exactly NFL material.

Not even a running back?? :whistling:

I sat in one a few years back when I was 330 and even at 6'3", it was very comfy to sit in. But as someone said above, what it would be like for a entended trip of more than an hour.

I heard a story last year of a girl who owned a diesel model and drove from Windsor, ON to Winnipeg Manitoba on A TANK of fuel (yes, 1 single tank).

However, I hardly feel a car with a wheel contact pattern of about 4 feet square would hardly be safe at highway speeds.

Last week there was a Mini Cooper and a Smart car parked next to each other across the street from my house. The Smart car made the Cooper look like a 70's Caddy by comparison! I thought about taking a picture but never did. I like the Cooper and wish I could afford one. I like my Dodge Ram a lot, but many times I miss my old Honda Civic (especially at the gas pump!).

Awww...those things are cute, especially the Smustang! :rolleyes:

I also question the safety factor. You could get seriously hurt is a collision with anything bigger than a moped. They would be okay if everybody was driving one, but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Cute little cars are just that, cute. I had a '65 Mini when I was stationed in England, it was cute, great on gas (I think I filled it up once a month just to make sure there was gas in it, curbs felt like you were driving past brick walls. It did fit 3 other guys my size pretty comfortably for a Short trip.

However, today, I'll be sticking to my Super Duty and Durango. I like the feeling of real steel around me and the family.