• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Sopranos (New Season)

Shadow

That's DON Shadow to you!
Anybody watch last night?

It's great to see Robert Loggia on this show. The scene where he describes his first day in the joint to Junior and Tony was great. :thumbs:

And the final season where Tony is out on his patio smoking a churchill and holding a AK-47 on bear watch was neat. Why do I picture Joe M doing something like that? ;) :D

Hopefully this season will be a vast improvement over the last one. So far, so good.

This year is going to be much better then last year.
when tony was smoking holding an AK-47 on bear watch was somthing.
Robert Loggia is a very good actor he will add alot more to the show.
no way I'm missing a show.
This year will be the best.

Thought it started off kinda slow but they did bring you up to speed and set the stage for the rest of the season - we'll see.

Shadow said:
And the final season where Tony is out on his patio smoking a churchill and holding a AK-47 on bear watch was neat. Why do I picture Joe M doing something like that? ;) :D
:D

You would not believe how friendly the neighbors are since I started doing that!

JOE.M. said:
Shadow said:
:D

You would not believe how friendly the neighbors are since I started doing that!
:D Can you come and sit in front of my house for a day or two!? I'll supply the Cigars!!! :thumbs: :D

Last nights episode was great... I absolutely LOVE the Soprano's, and I agree this season needs to step it up some from last season, and I think it will :thumbs:

I liked when Dr Melfy had the sex fantasy about Tony- I thought it was Tony doing to dreaming :0 :p She want's him! :thumbs:

The only thing I didn't like about the last scene (ak47/cigar) he's got a 2-finger cigar caddy, but no cutter :( C'mon "T", You can't bite the end off the cigar :( Great episode, I look forward to the new season with eager anticipation! :thumbs:

(For all those that aren't Soprano's fans/geeks - I apologize in advance - and no, I'm not this way all the time!)

I enjoyed the show and think the season looks good. David Chase appears to enjoy employing foreshadowing and symbolism with all the subtlety of a rain-storm of anvils... here's a few points that jump to mind:

1) Most obvious foreshadowing to note: Johnny Sack is still peeved at Tony. Guarantee he's in the middle of some kind of implosion this season...

2) Symbolism and foreshadowing combo!: One word: Grenade!!! Holy symbol of the brewing violence about to erupt, Batman!

3) Overly cute symbolism: The bear as a metaphor for Tony - there are now two sleeping monsters capable of violence wandering through the house as they wish with no regard for others (or behind it, as the case may be).

4) Unnecessary "remind us of the point" scene: The death of the waiter... yeah - we remember, "they're bad people... " (though having them make-up over the death of the waiter was particularly twisted/amusing).

5) One more thing: I don't think that was Dr. Melfi's butt. ;)

Cheers to a new season... Whether it is good or bad, I love watching TV written by someone actually clever... :thumbs:

- Oak

Toaster said:
oak said:
5) One more thing: I don't think that was Dr. Melfi's butt. ;)
Dude, don't ruin it for me.... :p
Hey man... I think that butt is actually attached to this famous "butt actor" in hollywood - who happens to be male...

BWHAAHAAAHAAA!!!

OK - Did I ruin it for ya totally now? :D ;) :D

Actually - Word On Another Board (tm) is that was actually her butt... so take heart...

Ican't wait to see more of this
instagib.gif
[Automated by GetSmile]

oak said:
Toaster said:
oak said:
5)  One more thing:  I don't think that was Dr. Melfi's butt.  ;)
Dude, don't ruin it for me.... :p
Hey man... I think that butt is actually attached to this famous "butt actor" in hollywood - who happens to be male...

BWHAAHAAAHAAA!!!

OK - Did I ruin it for ya totally now? :D ;) :D

Actually - Word On Another Board (tm) is that was actually her butt... so take heart...
I been gettin' hot to a dude butt!? :angry: :lookup:

SHOOT ME NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oak said:
4) Unnecessary "remind us of the point" scene: The death of the waiter... yeah - we remember, "they're bad people... " (though having them make-up over the death of the waiter was particularly twisted/amusing).
Summthin' is going to come from that scene... Remember! His girlfriend is a rat!! ;)

Yup, I think she's gonna be wearin' the cement shoes real soon...... :sneaky: :0 ;)

Pretty decent season opener and the show can't help but be better this season with Buscemi on board. Remember he directed Pine Barrens in season three which IMO is one of the great eps in the series. I must have seen that ep 5 times and I still laugh my a$$ off when Pauly tells the Russian "there better not be any rubles in there" as he picks up the envelope full of money :D