• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Sopranos

BrownDevil

BOTL
OK so after being away for a period of time long enough to piss a normal fan off, it's finally returned. I thought the first episode was cool with 3 deaths, and Uncle Junior blasting Tony.

But the second episode of the season sucked! I hope this isn't a season like the last where only the last 2 are semi decent. We haven't had entire kick ass seasons since Season 2.

Any opinions?

Oh, and is Meadow (Sigler) anorexic again?
And Carmela is looking mighty haggard :laugh:

I am right there with you bud, I thought I was watching some sort of acid induced soap... here's hoping for ep 3 to bring it back to normal. From the scenes it looks like its going to be very angry :)

It's sort of like when baseball went on strike; it took me awhile to get back into it. And after last night's episode, the only Sopranos I'm going to be seeing are the Boss, Soldier, and Associate that are napping in my humidor.

I heard this weeks episode will be more of the same, coma induced scenes etc etc. It's ok, and to be honest things are shaping up to get very interesting about mid-season. Things will come to a boil real quick I think!

Seadub, I enjoyed a Soldier after the first episode on 3/12. I enjoyed it quite a bit. Not something I can afford to smoke very often but worth it at least once! :)

I'm with you fellas but I'm not sure I can watch every episode with Tony lying in a coma and the rest of the family hanging out worrying about him. Time for them all to get down to some real business....... :D :thumbs: :p

Last week's episode was a bit strange. But, admittedly, each season has had episodes like that. Starting way back in Season 1. Whether it be "Funhouse" or fever/diareah afflicted Tony, talking fishes and Big Puss, etc, etc, etc. Each Season has its twisted dream scenario. I guess they just got to it early this time.

Looking forward to this Sunday's.

You have to have Tony in a coma for a bit anyway. I see him pulling out of it near the end of episode 3, probably recovering through episodes 4-8 after that, then back in full force for the last few episodes of the season. In the meantime, Silvio will have to deal with all the decision making, keeping Tony abreast of what's going on. Most likely people will be pissed (Paulie and Christopher), deaths will be had, and so on.

I miss the Sopranos of old. The "coherent" Junior calling shots from his bath robe, learning about the Sopranos family and it's roots (remember Richie Aprile's ruthlessness and flashbacks to Jr. taking Tony to the fairgrounds?). I miss Paulie's hilarious one-liners and Silvio's "Everytime I think I'm out, they pull me back in!". I could go on....

I love the show and always will, but the thought of watching everyone fawn over my favorite (and best acted) character in a coma doesn't really appeal to me.

Dear Mr. Chase - More bada bing, BJ's in the back, Christopher out of control and less dream sequences, subplots about AJ's downward spiral, and Baccala's Lionel hobby, thanks.

I thought episode 2 was outstanding.

The emergence of AJ realizing what it means to be family... threatening to pop Uncle... this will be a huge storyline down the road.

Tony's coma induced dreams on finding his lost identity in relation to attempting to return to reality. Endless symbolism throughout all the characters he talks to... and references to death everywhere he looks.

The beginning of a power strugle between members of Tony's mob, we see Vito starting to attempt a rise in power... Pauly and Sil beging their inner battle, and Chris starts his rise as well.

The episode was an outstanding attempt to beging laying out the groundwork for what's to come. You need to view these first 4 episodes as 1 long episode in itself.

I thought episode 2 was outstanding.

The emergence of AJ realizing what it means to be family... threatening to pop Uncle... this will be a huge storyline down the road.

Tony's coma induced dreams on finding his lost identity in relation to attempting to return to reality. Endless symbolism throughout all the characters he talks to... and references to death everywhere he looks.

The beginning of a power strugle between members of Tony's mob, we see Vito starting to attempt a rise in power... Pauly and Sil beging their inner battle, and Chris starts his rise as well.

The episode was an outstanding attempt to beging laying out the groundwork for what's to come. You need to view these first 4 episodes as 1 long episode in itself.

I also thought the first 2 episodes were outstanding. I love the dream sequence and all the little nuances in there. Tony can't get out of the "city" he's in, he's stuck there, an obvious reference to the life in the mob. Also the other identity he's taken on is interesting in that it sort of hints at a witness protection program, something maybe Tony has thought of at one time perhaps for ratting out the New York mob? Just a thought.

Don't forget about the two Buddhist monks who were unhappy about Kevin Finnerty selling them a faulty solar product... obviously symbolic for Tony's blatant suffering and disappointment he brought upon the innocent [and those around him]. I know, I know, I'm a Sopranos simpleton. Give me tits, death and a little metaphor I'm a happy man.

I totally agree. This weeks Sopranos sucked the big one.
These coma dream sequences of what could of been are weak.
I waited this long to be disappointed again. Thanks HBO and the crappy writers.

The upside is. It can only get better.

No wonder why 24 rules!!

A "bad" episode of the Sopranos is still better than 99% of anything else out there, IMHO. :thumbs:

The emergence of AJ
... threatening to pop Uncle...

Definitely the best part of the episode! He needs to cut his damn hair though...heir to the thone looking like an a$$hole...

No wonder why 24 rules!!

Consistently it's a better show, but nothing compared to Seasons 1 and 2 IMHO.

A "bad" episode of the Sopranos is still better than 99% of anything else out there, IMHO. :thumbs:

ummmmm 99% of everything ??? :whistling:
I don't know about that one :blush:
You're putting that sh*tty episode up against 24, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Stacked :0

OK I threw in Stacked just for kicks, Palm-ala Handerson is way played out.

I just hope we don't have to wait until the final episodes to get some good old fashioned Sopranos entertainment.

The emergence of AJ
... threatening to pop Uncle...

Definitely the best part of the episode! He needs to cut his damn hair though...heir to the thone looking like an a$$hole...

No wonder why 24 rules!!

Consistently it's a better show, but nothing compared to Seasons 1 and 2 IMHO.

ummmmm 99% of everything ??? :whistling:
I don't know about that one :blush:
You're putting that sh*tty episode up against 24, The Shield, Nip/Tuck, Rescue Me, Stacked :0

OK I threw in Stacked just for kicks, Palm-ala Handerson is way played out.

I just hope we don't have to wait until the final episodes to get some good old fashioned Sopranos entertainment.

I don't understand the love for 24. I watched season 1, thought it was great, then started watching season 2 and thought "more of the same thing???" I mean how often can the guy have only 24 hours to save the world?

I don't understand the love for 24. I watched season 1, thought it was great, then started watching season 2 and thought "more of the same thing???" I mean how often can the guy have only 24 hours to save the world?

Hater :p

You could probably add season 3 to that list. After both of these bombed, I gave up on 24 :thumbs:

I heard season 4 was a huge comeback, better then season 1... but it was too late for me.

I thought that Epi 2 was great. You have to be a huge fan to really understand all of the symbolism involved in the episode.

I think the entire episode was sort of a look at how Tony could have ended up had he not chosen the life of the mob. Successful businessman, happy family (remember the phone message from the family), but a weaker person (like the crying when he was slapped in the face).

And remember the lighthouse that keeps on popping up? I think that has alot of symbolism in the fact that he has been trying to find his way and place in the family, and he is going to have to do alot more of that very soon since Junior is probably going to jail or going to be whacked - possibly by A.J., which makes his character much more interesting, especially since he has dropped out of school, much like Tony.

Watch this episode again if you get a chance, because it is one of the most complex episodes of The Sopranos I have ever seen, and one of the best dream sequence episodes I remember...

ALostTexan
...obviously a huge Sopranos fan...