• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Vets Pass - RESULTS!

AVB

Jesus of Cool, I'm bad, I'm nationwide
The Vets Pass:

I hope to get this on the road Saturday.

The Players in pass order.

Brewmeister
Devil Doc
Treamayne
donzz
Not a Nice Person
Mr Peat
CulturedHick
Wavescrashing
JHolmes763
indyrob
tone-ny
AVB

The Concept:

The military is the finest organization in the world for treating everybody the same and in that spirit this pass will treat all cigars the same. You are required to do at least a group of three. If you want to do more then that is up to you. Why three? Read on and find out.

All cigars are meant to be smoked so that means that there is no such animal as a collectible cigar in this pass. All participants are required to put a low priced cigar (under $6 retail), A medium priced cigar ($6-12 retail) and a higher priced cigar (over $12 retail) WITHOUT THE BANDS ON THEM. You will email/PM me the pertinent information along with the number you assigned so at the end of the pass I can let everyone know what they got.
Any number of takes divisible by 3 will follow the low/medium/high price rule for each set, If you take a number not divisible by three then the odd puts have to be higher priced sticks

Example: Say you want to do 5 takes. Your first three puts will follow the low/medium/high price rule and the remaining 2 will be higher priced sticks. If you take 6 then you need to put in 2 sets of low/medium/high price. If you do 3 takes and want to do 5 puts then the extra two should be at least in the medium price range, This will prevent the dilution of the cigar pool.

Since there are no bands on the cigars there is really no point in having a list of cigars either making this a true grab bag style pass. Some of you might be good enough to pick out the Padron's because of the box press and some might even be able to figure out that some smell like tropical island cigars but who has a good enough eye to pick out an Opus over an Oliva? Are you feeling lucky?

I only have one contest planned so if you want to come up with more please do once this thing gets rolling.

REMEMBER: NO BANDS!

*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
OK Folks, here is what everybody has been waiting for. THE LIST
A couple of you were pretty good at sniffing out the good ones but there were a few that were missed. I thought for sure that my Padron Millennium was going to make it home until Tone-ny snagged it at the last minute. Nobody thought the Opus Lost City was good enough to take so it will go back to sleep in the humi. Thanks to all who played and perhaps we'll do this again.

PUT #..... CIGAR............................................TAKE
AVB 1 Opus X Robusto (2005).................Devil Doc
AVB 2 Gurkha Double Maduro.................Tone-ny
AVB 3 Oliva Series "O" Maduro Torpedo.Treamayne
AVB 4 AVO 22
AVB 5 Ashton ESG #20............................donzz
AVB 6 Nestor Maduro Torpedo................Not A Nice Person
AVB 7 Por Larranaga Toro......................donzz
AVB 8 Diamond crown #7 Maduro...........Brewmeister
AVB 9 Perdomo Habano Maduro Toro....Brewmeister
AVB 10 Tatuale Cojonu 2003....................donzz
AVB 11 Pelo de Oro Perfecto...................Not A Nice Person
AVB 12 WOAM.........................................Treamayne
AVB 13 Saint Luis Rey Rotheschild Maduro..Devil Doc
AVB 14 Padron Millennium #098236.......Tone-ny
AVB 15 H. Uppman #50
AVB 16 Davidoff Vintage 2000 Panetela..donzz
AVB 17 Gurkha Legend Robusto.............Jholmes763
AVB 18 Cuesta-Rey Centro Fino Sungrown
AVB 19 Don Carlos Double robusto..........Tone-ny
AVB 20 Romeo y Julieta Vintage...............Devil Doc
AVB 21 Gurkha Centurion.........................Brewmeister
AVB 22 La Gloria Cubana Serie R............Treamayne
AVB 23 Padron 1926 #1...........................CulturedHick
AVB 24 601 Black Robusto
AVB 25 Opus Perfecxion No.5. (5 years old)
AVB 26 Ashton San Cristobal Gaujiro.......Not A Nice Person
AVB 27 Gran Habano #3 Robusto............Not A Nice Person
AVB 28 Opus Petit Lancero.....................Treamayne
AVB 29 Hoyo Dark Sumatra.....................Not A Nice Person
AVB 30 Cohiba Robusto '06....................Wavescrashing
AVB 31 Arganese Presidente DAMAGED
AVB 32 Opus Lost City
AVB 33 Tatuale White band P4..............CulturedHick
Brewmeister 34 Padron Serie 1926 #1 Natural (6 3/4 x 54) 
Brewmeister 35 Drew Estates Liga Privada #9 Parejo Oscuro.......CulturedHick
Brewmeister 36 OneOff Belicoso Nat.............Treamayne
Devil Doc 37 Fuente Cuban Belicoso Sungrown...Treamayne
Devil Doc 38 LFD Lusitania 2009
Devil Doc 39 My Father Limited Edition 2010
Treamayne 40 CAO Brazilia - Lambada
Treamayne 41 A Fuente Anejo 48..........donzz
Treamayne 42 Camacho Triple Maduro
Treamayne 43 La Flor Dominicana Air bender Matatan.......Not A Nice Person
Treamayne 44 Montecristo #2............CulturedHick
Treamayne 45 Joya de Nicaragua Consul
Treamayne 46 Gurkha Master Select Perfecto #1........donzz
Treamayne 47 Oliva Cain 660 Maduro Torpedo
donzz 48 07 Don Carlos Anny.............Jholmes763
donzz 49 Tat red Tubo............Wavescrashing
donzz 50 Tat j 21
donzz 51 El Triunfador
donzz 52 La aurora 107............CulturedHick
donzz 53 Rocky Patel Vin 1990
Not A Nice Person 54 Casa Magna Colorado (corona gorda)..........CulturedHick
Not A Nice Person 55 Tatuaje Havana Angeles (I think---red band, corona size)
Not A Nice Person 56 Rocky Patel 15th Ann. toro
Not A Nice Person 57 Nosostros churchill
Not A Nice Person 58 H. Upmann Mag 50 isom (from Renefatdude in Holland).............Wavescrashing
Not A Nice Person 59 Opus X Reserva d'Chateau (from tin)
Mr. Peat 60 LFD DL-700
Mr. Peat 61 Original Release San Cristobal Lancero..........Wavescrashing
CluturedHick 62 Ashton ESG 21 year
CluturedHick 63 Diamond Crown #3
CluturedHick 64 Anejo 46...............Jholmes763
CluturedHick 65 Padilla Signature 1932
CluturedHick 66 Oliva Series “O” Churchill
CluturedHick 67 RyJ Mille Fleurs
Wavescrashing 68 Tat Gran Cojonu
Wavescrashing 69 OR Tat Triunfador
Wavescrashing 70 98' Upmann Regalias
Wavescrashing 71 Ramon Allones Lusitanos 2010 Portugal RE
Jholmes763 72 Airbender
Jholmes763 73 My Father
Jholmes763 74 Montesino

...but who has a good enough eye to pick out anOpus over an Oliva? Are you feeling lucky?

Me, me, me. I take that as a challenge. :p

Sounds great.
Do we wait till the pass gets back to you to find out the Id of the smokes, or after each person makes their picks?

Don

How much anticipation can you handle? I was thinking about doing it all at the end so nobody could get any hints based on what was picked ahead of them but I can adapt if enough of you folks want.

Sounds great.
Do we wait till the pass gets back to you to find out the Id of the smokes, or after each person makes their picks?

Don

Nice twist :thumbs:
This'll be fun. So who's gonna be the wise-guy with the cigar in the high priced section that smells like grape? :sign: J/K gents. Lookin' forward to this one.

I'm good with waiting until the end. Sounds like a great pass. Do you want bands sent to the appropriate taker after the pass or only if they request it (some people collect them for a cigar diary, esp if it's their first time trying that cigar...)?

I'll let you guys work that out after everyone knows what they have. I don't care myself.

I'm good with waiting until the end. Sounds like a great pass. Do you want bands sent to the appropriate taker after the pass or only if they request it (some people collect them for a cigar diary, esp if it's their first time trying that cigar...)?

I can wait till the end. But I can't promise that the cigars I pick will be there when the Pass is completed. :laugh:

And that is the whole point. Smoke it decide how good it was or wasn't without any expectations then then find out what it was.

I can wait till the end. But I can't promise that the cigars I pick will be there when the Pass is completed. :laugh:

And that is the whole point. Smoke it decide how good it was or wasn't without any expectations then then find out what it was.

One thing that would make this very entertaining is each cigar gets a mini review. It wouldn't need to be fancy, but a generalized First 1/3, Half and finally the last of it. Since no one will know what they are smoking except you Ray and the CP'er that put the cigar in, the rest of us could really have some fun with this. Maybe a picture or two so we all can see what the individual is smoking. Something to think about and I'm looking forward to this Pass.

That sounds pretty good Loren,

I had one question for clarification---will we know which category the cigars are in, or is it just true "grab bag" with our puts being as you've specified, and our takes being whatever smells and looks good to us from the box? :laugh:

~Boar

It is going to be a true "grab bag" you won't know what you got until after it is over and I tell you. By then you should have smoked them all so it won't matter anyway. :p

I had one question for clarification---will we know which category the cigars are in, or is it just true "grab bag" with our puts being as you've specified, and our takes being whatever smells and looks good to us from the box? :laugh:

~Boar