• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The Warped Experiment: Flor del Valle Cristales

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
My apologies on the large gap between reviews on my compilation of Warped cigars. Once winter set in last year I never got back to it. However, as initially intended, I will finish this series and do my reviews appropriately. So I'm back on the train, and here is number 5 in the series. This review was actually done back in September, and I never got around to posting it. However, full notes were taken, as were photos, so I am posting it.

Warped Flor del Valle Cristales:

Vitola: Corona
Wrapper: Nicaragua Corojo
Filler: Nicaraguan Corojo
Binder: Nicaraguan
Gauge: 42
Length: 6″
Pairing: Nothing to drink

Prelight:

Consistently impressed with the appearance on all the Warped cigars I have had. There's something to be said for quality control and the care put into ensuring each and every stick is on point, and this one was no different. No blemishes to speak of. Cigar is well balanced and has some sweet and woodsy notes on the cold draw....but hell, what do I know.

IMG_7025.jpg

First Third:

Great amount of smoke on the initial light up and first few puffs. Draw is a little loose, but it's still getting a good pull of smoke. I hope that the draw stiffens just a bit, it's straw like at the moment. Wrapper is putting off definite sweetness and it's nice. As with most cigars I can find the nuttiness and woodsy notes. I can't specify them, but that's what I pull. Sweet and nutty on the first third, and no burn issues. Shaping up to be another good smoke.

IMG_7054.jpg

Second Third:

Still smoking well and the draw has firmed up a bit. Just a nice even pull now. Sweetness remains and I guess I would compare it to caramel. I love caramel, and I'm digging this, so that's what I'll call it. Nuttiness remains as well but it's faint. No spice to speak of, well, maybe a hint, but not enough to even be sure. Smooth, good amount of smoke, and sweet. Just an easy smoking cigar. Strength is medium.

IMG_7061.jpg

Final Third:

What I love about the Warped cigars I have smoked so far is that they come off as very consistent and very trustworthy. I'm just not having to fuss with them. I like being able to sit back and enjoy the cigar and environment, rather than fuss with a cigar. I don't have to do that with these. From the second third to now, I have really come to love this cigar. It's a strong finisher. Just seems to be packed with flavor at this point, and staying cool. It's not complicated, but it's not bland....by any stretch, quite the opposite. It's flavor town. What an enjoyable cigar. No burn issues, no smoke issues, construction remains rock solid, and it's staying cool at the end. Great.

IMG_7062.jpg

Final Thoughts:

Another winner for Warped cigars. It's not a Lirio Rojo, but I'm starting to think that's going to be tough to get to again. Is it better than the Don Reynaldo??? Ummmm, I'm not sure. It's different than the Don Reynaldo, but probably as good. I didn't find it as cubanesque as some of the previous ones. I feel like it stands alone. It's a very good cigar with some fantastic sweet notes. I didn't pull much, if any, spice out of it. I'm ok with that. I'm going to give it a 90% on the essay grading scale, which gives it an "A", but keeps it short of the Don Reynaldo and Lirio Rojo....but maybe extra credit will bump it on the next one I smoke.

Thoroughly enjoyed, and highly recommend.

IMG_7060.jpg

Next review: Flor del Valle Sky Flower (I am really looking forward to this one)

Nice review Wyatt. I have yet to have any Warped cigars, seems like it's time for me to take the plunge.

Oh crap, another cigar I have to try. Excellent write up, like the sounds on all the notes you shared.

In my day, I'd get on a horse, ride along side the train, have them throw out the money bag and be done with it. Now cameras, guards, wifi, police cars with radios ( he'll, even Dick Tracy watches ) make this so much more difficult for an old guy. It I will find a few and see what the magic is all abou.