• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

The "why did I smoke this" Review

TheBeast

The Man, The Myth, The Legend
Ok...once in a blue moon...couple times a year...every so often...only when I'm not thinking straight. Call it whatever...but on occassion I'll smoke some mid-line gar I've never tried. Maybe it's to get back to the little things...take a vacation from my snobery...entertain my local tobacconist...who knows...but I do it...and most importantly, I usually regret it. So with out further explanation...here is the latest account(with or without bias and not to offend):

THE CIGAR: Rocky Patel 1992 Vintage Robusto Maduro(5 1/2" X 50) Box-Pressed @ $6.00 (FYI- These are from the INDIAN TOBAC guys)

Manufacturers Opinion: Medium to full bodied, this blend of rare aged tobacco in Rocky Patel's 1990 Vintage series cigars have
a perfect balance of flavor, complexity, and richness.
A very enticing smoke with bold flavors that consist of strong noted of coffee and cedar with a long earthy finish. The 10 year old Ecuadorian Sun Grown wrapper used on the 1992 Vintage Series cigars, along with the 5 year old filler and binder are a perfect compliment of strength and complexity. These wonderful Vintage Series cigars are recommended for the seasoned smoker that is in pursuit of a rare vintage smoke. This cigar offers you a tantalizing depth, with subtle, yet flavorful tones of coffee and cedar.

What it look liked: Good looking smoke. Look like a PAM. Nice dark wrapper...rolled well...with good leaf. Mildly-veiny with an oily appearance.

The Roll: Lit up nice...burned a solid white on black ash...wouldn't give it any poor grades on construction. Quality seemed to be there for the most part. No noticable defects.

Smokers Opinion: You figure even average tobacco should improve over 10 years....if so...It's a blessing this cigar wasn't young. The thought of smoking this tobacco shortly after harvest...gives me flashbacks of the stomach flu. "Flavorful tones of coffee and cedar"...that's poetic. Try domestic tones of bleach and fabric softener. If this tobacco sat around aging for 10 years...it did next to a laundry mat. The only complexity invovling this cigar was the complexity of my thought pattern to even have smoked it to the half way point. I would be stressed to believe even the most "seasoned smoker" of Backwoods would find this worth pursuit.

Final thoughts: Why did I smoke this?

Having hope is a good thing even if it bites you in the ass sometimes. :0

TheBeast said:
gives me flashbacks of the stomach flu. "Flavorful tones of coffee and cedar"...that's poetic. Try domestic tones of bleach and fabric softener. If this tobacco sat around aging for 10 years...it did next to a laundry mat
hehehe -- gotta love that review. :)

Awesome Review Jeff, makes me want to go right out and buy one, and give it a good try ???

LOL, TFF

Sorry you hurt your tastebuds likethat bro. :(

Just to clarify, I DID NOT like this cigar. I really had a painful experience smoking that thing. :p