• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To high humidity

meiji

I have the problem right now with humidity being 70-80% outside constantly how do i fix it for my cubans which im most worried for, cant even dry box them...

What is your humidification system in your humidors?

What are your storage hygrometers reading at? As for the drybox, you can get beads that should help hold a dry box RH as long as it has a good seal.

Do you have air conditioning in the house? If not, another possible solution is Silica beads. They work very well at pulling off extra moisture.

Edit: looks like we were thinking the same thing! 😊

What are your storage hygrometers reading at? As for the drybox, you can get beads that should help hold a dry box RH as long as it has a good seal.
its jumping from 72 to 78 or more as soon as i open it

Do you have air conditioning in the house? If not, another possible solution is Silica beads. They work very well at pulling off extra moisture.

Edit: looks like we were thinking the same thing! 😊
ah i see i will be looking into silica beads then thx guys

Look up ExquisiCat Crystals Fragrance Free or Crystal Clear Litter Pearls ... huge cost savings and they work great. I've got a pound at the top and a pound at the bottom of my humidor. Nice thing is they will absorb extra moisture and can be dried out again as needed. Conversely, they can be moistened to add humidity as well.

Is it a consistent reading or is it fluctuating daily and when you open your humidor? Maybe I don't know what you're using exactly, for your setup.

Seasons change and so does the temps/humidity of your cigars/humidors/house/etc. I wouldn't worry too much, if things are settling back down, when given a few hours or the next day. Remember, this isn't an exact science and when you understand that things will change, your stress level/anxiety level will level out as well.

I agree with @bfreebern -- if the fluctuation corrects itself relatively quickly, then don't sweat it. I highly recommend getting silica beads. Many of us here use Heartfelt beads, but there are plenty of options out there. Use double (at least) what would be recommended for the size of container you have; I would invest in a cooler instead of just ziploc bags. The excessive amount of beads will help regulate the RH quicker when the door/packages are opened. What are temperatures like during the summer?

Is it a consistent reading or is it fluctuating daily and when you open your humidor? Maybe I don't know what you're using exactly, for your setup.

Seasons change and so does the temps/humidity of your cigars/humidors/house/etc. I wouldn't worry too much, if things are settling back down, when given a few hours or the next day. Remember, this isn't an exact science and when you understand that things will change, your stress level/anxiety level will level out as well.
i know but the humidity will go even more up and last until fall 80% or more... i open it daily and it takes days i think (havent been able to wait that long) it goes down like 1% each day

Add more empty boxes to it and get beads. What is your humidification setup currently?

i know but the humidity will go even more up and last until fall 80% or more... i open it daily and it takes days i think (havent been able to wait that long) it goes down like 1% each day
what temperature do you have your needone at?

needone humidor and just boxes with plastic over and the standard boliver bags

Add empty boxes. Sounds like you need more boveda bags, they aren't keeping up with what you have in your Needone.

I'd like to know the answer above to Bill's question, but also your house temp? Is it facing a window or does light shine directly on it?

20 celcius, i have one 69 biggest bag. house temp is 20-22 celcius so not really hot i dont have a ac and its not close to a window

20 celcius, i have one 69 biggest bag. house temp is 20-22 celcius so not really hot i dont have a ac and its not close to a window
Try dropping your temp to 18. This will cycle the cooler more often and will help with controlling the humidity. Also, @bfreebern gives excellent advice. In addition to adding boxes, add trays (glass works best) of beads placed on every shelf. Your humidor should only be opened once or twice a week for when you stock your drybox...