• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

To tube or not to tube?

OldSkool

Just picked up a nice Xikar humidor today to become my new "overflow" humi. Decided to give an older, smaller Diamond Crown humidor to my brother for his birthday next month. He doesn't own a humidor and typically only keeps about a dozen cigars around, all sealed in metal tubes. Don't worry, I'll leave a few choice sticks in for him to sample. :thumbs:

Since the humi that I'm giving him is already seasoned and set up with Viper's beads, he can now take his sticks outta the tubes and join us in the 21st century. :D

However, this got me to thinking about the best way to store tubed cigars inside a humidor. Is it better to leave 'em sealed or remove the caps? I know my brother is gonna ask...

Appreciate the link, Buzzed. I didn't see that thread earlier.

I'll just tell my brother to throw his sealed tubes inside the humi and he can now start buying non-tubed cigars. :thumbs:

Thanks for the replies.

I'm sorry I have nothing to contribute except for awesome avatar, OldSkool :thumbs:

Thank you, Sir. :thumbs:

Collecting Panerai watches makes a heroin addiction seem like a slight wish for something salty. :laugh:

I haven't pulled the trigger on a Panerai yet (thought, I've had my eye on the 005 for some time) but I have a similar problem supporting my Omega habit.

Just my .02, I take mine out of the tubes. It looks nicer in my humi that way.

If there's room for the tubes, I would keep them in them. Although, if he was storing tubes for a while outside a humidor, he should check to be sure they didn't dry out at all.