• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco and Long Covid

CMontoya79

Newb Le professional!
I searched,

Nothing found on CP.

Fellow B/SOTL,

My wife and I both have long covid. Her symptoms seem more frequent and worse than mine.

She found some people on a LC support board that have had husbands who stopped either smoking or chew, then after having LC, they tried tobacco use again. Their symptoms such as brain fog, chronic pain, chronic fatigue and others seems like they improved significantly or disappeared all together.

I’m no scientist and research is still young on this stuff. So take it with a grain of salt.

I can share that comparing having mowed my lawns previously and feeling exhausted and in pain, I tried adding my usual cigar, as well as an allergy pill, the combo worked for me, my pain reduced extremely, fatigue more normal and not exerted.

Again take it with a grain of salt.

The benefits of tobacco as medicine go back millennia.

Be well,

C

I searched,

Nothing found on CP.

Fellow B/SOTL,

My wife and I both have long covid. Her symptoms seem more frequent and worse than mine.

She found some people on a LC support board that have had husbands who stopped either smoking or chew, then after having LC, they tried tobacco use again. Their symptoms such as brain fog, chronic pain, chronic fatigue and others seems like they improved significantly or disappeared all together.

I’m no scientist and research is still young on this stuff. So take it with a grain of salt.

I can share that comparing having mowed my lawns previously and feeling exhausted and in pain, I tried adding my usual cigar, as well as an allergy pill, the combo worked for me, my pain reduced extremely, fatigue more normal and not exerted.

Again take it with a grain of salt.

The benefits of tobacco as medicine go back millennia.

Be well,

C
I'll look for it, or you can. One guy was saying that nicotine helps stave off the vid. I understand not believing everything you hear or read but he made some interesting points

I haven't done any outright research but there were some studies discussing cigar smoking as a stress relieving activity that can change some chemical components in the brain to improve mood, stability, and reduce the risk of infection. That relating more to less stress = improved immune system. The brain equates it as a relaxing experience that it looks forward to, so I can definitely see that when added to an activity, the brain is coerced to participate more than usual and release more of those happy chemicals.