• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Beetle

HarleynCigars

Buyer beware.... I was in Asheville, NC and stopped in Carolina Cigar Company (http://www.thecarolinacigarcompany.com/index.htm) and purchased some of their local cigars. I didn't even think to check the cigars but when I got home I was about to place them in my humidor when I spotted one of the cigars had been diner for a tobacco beetle :angry: . The rest of the cigars looked fine but are being stored in the fridge for now. Any suggestions how long I should keep them in the fridge or should I just send them to the trash :(

Buyer beware.... I was in Asheville, NC and stopped in Carolina Cigar Company (http://www.thecarolinacigarcompany.com/index.htm) and purchased some of their local cigars. I didn't even think to check the cigars but when I got home I was about to place them in my humidor when I spotted one of the cigars had been diner for a tobacco beetle :angry: . The rest of the cigars looked fine but are being stored in the fridge for now. Any suggestions how long I should keep them in the fridge or should I just send them to the trash :(

#1 try posting in the correct area.
#2 contact the vendor BEFORE posting anything in a public forum and give them a chance to fix the problem to you satisfaction.

Good luck with your problem

X2 on bmickey9's suggestions

AND I'm pretty sure the owner of the Carolina Cigar Company was convicted of making fake Cubans pretty recently.

Linky

X2 on bmickey9's suggestions

AND I'm pretty sure the owner of the Carolina Cigar Company was convicted of making fake Cubans pretty recently.

Linky

Nice touch, adding the beetles for a touch of authenticity.
X3 on bmickey9's suggestions.

1st) Beetles won't die if you put cigars in the fridge; you have to freeze them. Try the search function on this site; it has been discussed quite a bit.

2nd) Tobacco beetles are not only in Cuba. Tom, that seems to be what you are implying. Tobacco beetles can be found anywhere there is tobacco grown or shipped to.

Rod, I know threads can be moved inside the passes section. Can you move this out of the passes section completely, or at least to the "Done" section. :)

2nd) Tobacco beetles are not only in Cuba. Tom, that seems to be what you are implying. Tobacco beetles can be found anywhere there is tobacco grown or shipped to.

I know. But most of what I hear about is from Cuban cigars.

I know. But most of what I hear about is from Cuban cigars.
This is the worst I have seen ... makes my stomach sick!

buggy_pams.jpg

And yes, those are Padron Millenium cigars. :0

Damn... I think that one in the middle might still be kinda smokable...

Thanks to the person that moved this from the Open Cigar Passes Forum.