• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Free Military!?

cajunblaze

I just heard on the radio going home from work that they are now pushing for a tobacco free military. Studies show that tobacco use can make our military less responsive. They would like to start with the major schools, and should have the military tobacco free in 5 to 10 years!

I wonder if Doc gets grandfathered in?

Rich

WHAT! No cigs in C-Rats? Oh wait, they don't use those anymore. :laugh:

Doc.

No more Marines assigned to ship's company. No more "Now hear this, the smoking lamp is Lit." And to think, I was offended when a BM1 recruiter said to me, "You must have been in the old Navy". What are those SOBs doing to my fuggin' Navy?

Doc.

Without tobacco, how else are you suppose to get out of being put on a working party. I remember "Those who smoke, light up. Those who don't, follow me"

Why don't they try and make prisons tobacco free. Let's start there and see how that goes over.

Why don't they try and make prisons tobacco free. Let's start there and see how that goes over.

A lot of states already have. It started in the mid '90s. I know MN and IN both banned tobacco from state correctional facilities (inmates and employees) in 1997.

The military should be doing all it can to help those that want to quit smoking quit. They should leave those who do not want to quit the hell alone.

Time to retire! Oh wait that was already in the plan!

I don't see it happening as a lot of military folks enjoy cigars and have cigar clubs on a lot of military installations. Now if they are talking cigarettes only, by all means, help out the ones that are trying to quit on their own....... :) :thumbs: :cool:

And they think Marines are getting in a lot of trouble now?... Can you imagine what will happen when Jarheads can't get their dip?!

A lot of rules about tobacco use aren't strictly followed now... you try telling a crusty 5000 hour C-130 Flight Engineer he can't dip in the plane and see what happens.

Remember soldiers can defend freedom, without actually getting to practice it....

If they think tobacco is dangerous, what is going to happen when the realize that most of us carry guns at work too....

Tim