• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Grinder

I use something similar to the aluminum one shown in your link that I got on eBay for 1/2 that price. Works like a charm, particularly on pressed tobaccos like Anniversary Kake or Night Train, coins like Luxury Bullseye Flake, and "standard" flakes of all kinds, especially long and unruly ones like Stonehaven. I'd love to learn the trick to smoking flakes with the folding/stuffing method but I think I'm just too impatient for it :)

- Tim

I use something similar to the aluminum one shown in your link that I got on eBay for 1/2 that price. Works like a charm, particularly on pressed tobaccos like Anniversary Kake or Night Train, coins like Luxury Bullseye Flake, and "standard" flakes of all kinds, especially long and unruly ones like Stonehaven. I'd love to learn the trick to smoking flakes with the folding/stuffing method but I think I'm just too impatient for it :)

- Tim

Thats a good idea to try ebay!

I noticed that lately I smoke flakes exclusively and the reason is, I like playing with my tobacco. It's the ritual. A fuggin' grinder would take the fun out of it.

Doc.

Thanks for the post, and link.
I am going to purchase one, myself.

I noticed that lately I smoke flakes exclusively and the reason is, I like playing with my tobacco. It's the ritual. A fuggin' grinder would take the fun out of it.

Doc.

X2 for the most part. I am not smoking them exclusively, but smoke more flakes than anything else lately. I can succeed at the fold and stuff method, but it just takes too long to get a good light that way IMO. I see no reason to buy a tobacco grinder because you have two hands that work just fine. A good ole Texas saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it".
B

A lot of hemp shops sell these for other "smokables". I didn't know people actually used them for tobacco!!

Doc.

X2 for the most part. I am not smoking them exclusively, but smoke more flakes than anything else lately. I can succeed at the fold and stuff method, but it just takes too long to get a good light that way IMO. I see no reason to buy a tobacco grinder because you have two hands that work just fine. A good ole Texas saying "If it aint broke, don't fix it".
B
That's a Vermont saying. You bastids stole it from us. Probably got it from MILES DEFOREST ANDROSS, a Vermonter who was killed at the Alamo.

Doc.

Doc.

B
That's a Vermont saying. You bastids stole it from us. Probably got it from MILES DEFOREST ANDROSS, a Vermonter who was killed at the Alamo.

Doc.

That saying is all Texas Baby! Your vermonter must have picked it up at the alamo and wrote a letter back home about it before he was killed.
B

Ha! Someday I'll give you a history lesson. We were a real republic, unlike Texas, long before you, with our own declaration of Independence,and with a constitution that gives us more freedom than the US version. And by the way, everyone knows that Vt. is bigger than Texas if ya flattened it out.

Doc.

500px-Flag_of_Vermont_Republic.svg.png

Ya, that's an interesting tool. I have just always rubbed mine out, its pretty simple so I haven't ever needed one. Interesting link though.

Being that I have some flake tobacco on the way, has anyone ever used one of these?:

http://cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=D&amp...DD&tier2=80

He has carried them for a while but I have never actually seen one in use or heard if they work well or not.

Hey Jon!

Long time, No see. How are you, and the Family? Still involved with Football over in the Islands? I'm getting back into pipe smoking again, and it's good to see some familiar names on CP. It's good to have found you again. :cool:

Being that I have some flake tobacco on the way, has anyone ever used one of these?:

http://cupojoes.com/cgi-bin/dept?dpt=D&amp...DD&tier2=80

He has carried them for a while but I have never actually seen one in use or heard if they work well or not.

Hey Jon!

Long time, No see. How are you, and the Family? Still involved with Football over in the Islands? I'm getting back into pipe smoking again, and it's good to see some familiar names on CP. It's good to have found you again. :cool:

Goose...

Yes long time. The family is good. Been getting back into pipes a little more recently. I guess the weather lately has been unusually cooler than normal which make me want to smoke my pipes. How are things in your neck of the woods?

Things are OK here..all things considered, it could be worse (job wise.) I may be picking some flake up before Apr 1st, lemme know how that grinder works out.

A friend of mine picked up a clay tavern pipe for me recently, and I've been smoking that w/ Peterson SR 2008. I like the way it smokes. I still get some tongue bite, but no gurgling. I'm just getting back in to the pipe hobby again, and am looking for 1-2 decent quality pipes at my local B&M. I have some in mind, but my cigar/pipe tobacco, and ammo purchases are taking priority right now.

Things are OK here..all things considered, it could be worse (job wise.) I may be picking some flake up before Apr 1st, lemme know how that grinder works out.

A friend of mine picked up a clay tavern pipe for me recently, and I've been smoking that w/ Peterson SR 2008. I like the way it smokes. I still get some tongue bite, but no gurgling. I'm just getting back in to the pipe hobby again, and am looking for 1-2 decent quality pipes at my local B&M. I have some in mind, but my cigar/pipe tobacco, and ammo purchases are taking priority right now.

Good strategy. Pipes arent going to get any more expensive in the near future. Focus on the tobacco before all hell breaks loose. :angry: