• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tobacco Question

Treamayne

On the run...
I went and picked up a tin of pipe tobacco (MacBaren, Dark Twist) and after it arrived I opened the tin and it looks more like a cigar sliced into thin oval wedges than pipe tobacco (which I have only seen loose before).

Do I stuff these things in whole or is there some proceedure (like breaking it up first or whatever) that I should follow?

-K-

There is some debate over this. But for the most part you need to “rub” them. Place a disk in the palm of your hand and start rubbing. I had a friend that rubbed some put it in his pipe then places an un-rubbed disk on top to cap it off. This technique worked for him but I had a few issues with it. I find rubbing can be relaxing I get a fresh tin sit with a packed pipe and smoke rub and relax. Just my .02

:D :D :D :D

loanshark said:
I find rubbing can be relaxing

[snapback]184571[/snapback]​

Nah... Not even going to comment, that one's just too easy. :sign:

lol!

"Twist" was how tobacco was first exported from the Americas to Europe by ship. You'd tie the leaves up together like that and then keep the twists moist in vats of molasses in the hold. Then once ashore of course they'd need to be sliced and rubbed, to make the baccy smokeable.