• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Today's Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newb checkin' in with a question.
Just finished a Camacho Candela, about 1/2 to 2/3 through it suddenly (in about 5 min tops) went really spongy feeling. Very weird, still only smoked less than like 3 dozen cigars but I've tried to read alot and learn and never seen or heard of this. It almost felt like it got wet inside it was so spongy. The taste got really funky as well and I just put it down. The first half was nice, not a whole lot of flavor but very mild and easy to smoke. It had some issues burning even and almost went out, that's probably more operator error though. My humi is about 70% right now. Any info appreciated.

Hey guys; I smoke about 2 cigars a night, with alot of variety but a new regular has to be the Perdomo Fresco Maduro.

I am not a big fan of other Perdomos but this robusto is pretty good for ~$1.50 a stick. If you have a significant smoking habit, I highly suggest you try a couple of these.
I am still not good at detecting light flavors, so this is an excellent stick for a low priced smoke.
Usually at this price point or lower, I find most cigars to be completely flat, or really bitter.

Strength wise, I find it mild. But flavor wise, I'd say its full, with abit of spice and some other stuff :D detected throughout.
The burn is pretty even, and the pull is incredibly loose.

If your in the market for a good bundle, check it out.

2 tonight....

1. Paul Garmirian "Gourmet Series" Robusto - Maybe the WORST cigar I have ever smoked. Worse than fake $30 a box Cohibas, worse than White Owl...... terrible! As soon as I picked it up I knew it would be a bad smoke. It weighed almost nothing. It was underfilled, burned hot and burned unbelieveably uneven. I gave up halfway through. I bought a box of 10 and I hope this was the only dud of the 10! These are $11.50 sticks. ??? Luckily they were 2 for 1 :thumbs:

2. Arturo Fuente Chateau Natural Robusto - Great $5.00 smoke. Medium bodied and burned perfectly. I need to get a few boxes of these in my humidor!

Camacho Coyolar last night - very nice cigar. I would consider a box of these if the price were right. You either get Camachos or you don't and I like 'em! :D

Steve

Had a very aged VSG Beli No. 1. What a treat, I had forgotten how good these can be :thumbs:

Had a Punch Gran Puro last night. Nice smoke. Sweet and strong smoke. I got a promotion today so im debating to either have a San Cristobal, Padron 1926 Maduro, Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 or a Oliva Master Blends 3....hmmm.. I have only tried the Rocky Patel so im not sure whether to stick with what i know was good or go crazy and try something new which i read was good :) Any suggestions???

I enjoyed a Padron 2000 this afternoon. And jonnyjay I smoked my first Rocky Patel Vintage 1999 yesterday while sitting on the bar patio with a few friends and found it to be a great smoke.

Drinking a glass or 2...3.. of Blanton's and smoking a Bolivar RC and it is out of this world :love: . 1 of 3 left out of a box. This..... is not good....have to reload.... :whistling:
LTL

Had a Padilla Hybrid Robusto while walking the dogs this evening. Very tasty and complex--lots going on. Highly recommended.

Drinking a glass or 2...3.. of Blanton's and smoking a Bolivar RC and it is out of this world :love: . 1 of 3 left out of a box. This..... is not good....have to reload.... :whistling:
LTL

You too!! Smoked a Boli RC while drinking a couple of glasses of Foley Pinot Noir.. Great smoke and a very decent Pinot..

Had a CAO America tonight, really enjoyed this one. I smoked it down to 3 fingers, for me that's way down, most barely make 4 fingers before I have to stop.
It seemed mild to me but with flavor and a pretty good ash and burn. Draw was a bit tight but other than that it was great!

Macanudo '68 robusto. It wasn't bad, but I can't say it was worth the $9 price either.

Cubao Toro (#6?)- a classic already, IMO.

Earlier I had a Casa Fuente corona gorda. As much as I've grown to appreciate Fuente cigars, this one just doesn't wow me the way I believe it should considering its price. Later, I had a LFD Bad to the Bone 2007. Much better. If such a thing was possible, I'd say it was like smoking a really good cup of hot chocolate.

Opus Perf. No 5, spice little sucker. Sometimes these do seem a little dimensional though but a good smoke overall usually. This was chucked half way through for bad burn issues that I just didn't have the paticience for tonight!! :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.