• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tonight's smoke

smithrob75

As many of you know this is made at the same factory as the Tatuaje. It's a Nicuraguan Puro w/ a Corojo wrapper. The prelight is very spicy, it made me sneeze. I could tell this would be a powerfull smoke. Right off the bat this was packed w/ flavor. A lot of spice and a cocoa sweet taste. The cigar gave me a buzz and my head is spinning. I'd say this cigar actually beats a lot of my Cubans, it also should be better w/ age. I have about 5 and will buy more. It seems everything from the Miami factory is excellent. Keep in mind some people complain about burn problems, the cigar needs to be kept @ lower humidity. I store these w. the Cubans at about 62-65%. Sorry for the horrible pics. These were taken from the balcony.

DonPepinGarcia003.jpg

DonPepinGarcia001.jpg

DonPepinGarcia.jpg

Thanks for the picture review! Sounds like a great smoke.

Oh yea, the ash held on until the band. My store just got about 6 more boxes, I'll certainly by more. At $6 they'll go fast.

I seems like a lot of the N/C puros are doing really well, the OpusX, Litto Gomez in the DR. And all the Padron line, as well as the Tatuje and Don Pepin in Nicuragua. I also just bought a CAO 65th. It's also a Nicuragun puro, and I've heard good things about it. It comes in a really beautiful square tubo, also has a neat band. Looks really well made. There may be more N/C puros than the ones mentioned, that's all I could think of..

I had the pleasure of having dinner with Señor Garcia a bit ago.... really nice guy, very passionate about his work.

Thanks for the nice pics. THese are some of my favorite cigars. These things have a lot of flavor, and are only 6 bucks. How can you go wrong.

Brandon

I smoked one of these last night too. They are certainly tasty, but mine seemed a bit young.

Nick

Fuggin’ Johnny come lately‘s. I guess the secrets out. I’ve been enjoying Don Pepin’s cigars for quite sometime now. After doing some research I’ve found he makes a number of excellent cigars, all made in his Rey de los Habanos factory in Miami. He has employed 12, level 8 master rollers, some his former students, and no apprentices. They use Cuban methods exclusively, including triple caps and entubado construction.
Some brands you may wish to consider are, Habana Leon, Havana Soul, Cuban Diplomat, and Vegas de Cubana . All but the Cuban Diplomat are full bodied, full strength cigars. The Diplomat is the same Corojo/Criollo blend as the Habana Leon only with a Ct. shade wrapper. It’s a medium bodied cigar.

These cigars are not easy to find and evidently he makes House Brands for a number of dealers. I’ve had a lot of fun searching for them and it’s been very rewarding. If you like full bodied cigars and don’t get sea-sick in Kansas during a rain shower, you’ll love these cigars.

Doc

Ifn' you like these, you should love the Top Shelf Signature Selects. :love: :love: :love: These are made by Pepin for Top Shelf Cigar (www.topshelfcigar.com). They run @$95 - $105 a box (25). Jim (Cronin, the owner) has a special on now - buy a box of Churchills ($103) and get a free fiver of Pepin's other smokes (2 blue label robustos, 2 Vegas Cubanas Robustos and 1 Serie JJ Beli). The Signature Selects are one of the best cigars out there, IMHO. The $4 price tag is pure gravy.