• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Too Hot to Pass... Pass

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Reaction score
EDITED THREAD

I am now considering a "PASS IT FORWARD" Pass or a low weight accesory pass (lighters, etc. )

A. A PIF Pass would be: I have a XXXX and XXXX, who wants it. (the first one who replys gets it shipped to them.)

B. Low weight accesory pass (lighters, cutters, Beads, hat, ash tray, other low weight items.) There would be a destinct line up of participants.

Think you would participate? vote for which one:

1)A (PIF)
2)B (traditional pass)
3) either one

Interested members:
(I will confirm when we get a respectable pool to work with.)
1. Gunpowder
2. Toaster
3. VewyPhishy
4. lucssbuck
5. rnccen
6. SleepyJim

It sounds interesting... Would I participate? Probably... HOWEVER: Since this is unexplored territory- A starting lineup of items would be nice, an approximate weight of the box to guesstimate shipping costs, etc... Maybe an expectation or examples of what fair trades would be...

Also, the rules would need to be outlined VERY clearly- as not to have ANY confusion whatsoever... You've seen what can happen to a cigar-only pass :)

Sounds like a nice idea Gunpowder :thumbs:

Sounds more like a Pass It Forward type idea... is that right?

vewyphishy said:
Sounds more like a Pass It Forward type idea... is that right?
Veweyphishy, Refresh my memory on that... I can't remember the details. Can you describe or provide a link of an example?

Also, Good point toaster on the contents. This idea is still in the exploratory area. To work I really believe that the contents would have to be items the passers would really be interested in . No one wants a bunch of junk, a good selection would be important, and the weight is definitly a factor to keep an eye on.

You also would not want a bunch of nickle and dime items that cost less than the shipping (would want some though) just as you wouldn't want expensive items that no one could match in their puts.

THIS IS NEW TERRITORY!!! an idea I came up with that I want to "explore" with those who might be interested and together we could develop a new type of pass just to see if it would work.

I have a list of possible items to include I am working on and will post it over the weekend.

Toaster: To keep things safe and without incidents, this pass might be best kept to members in good standing who have been around for awhile and have proven they can work together for this first pass experience if it ever gets to that point.

Gunpowder, check in the Passes in Progress for the PIF thread.

The idea would be that there's no initial lineup of players. So if you started it, you would say "I'm passing a Colibri lighter and a V-cutter. Who wants it?"

Then someone would accept it. Then they would offer up something: "I've got an ashtray and a cigar pouch. Who wants it?"

And so on and so forth... and thus Passing It Forward. :)

Just an idea of course. That's just what it sounded like to me from your initial description.

I think I like Phishy idea of a PIF... That way you know what your getting into before hand. :thumbs:

I like the whole concept here, and think it would be fun, especially for guys who have accumulated different grades of "stuff" over the years of enjoying the leaf, and it would be a nice chance to trade, share or "pass" stuff around... Or like if you find a great deal on Punch cutters, or a 2 finger cigar pouch, or certain kind of lighter, etc...

Toaster: To keep things safe and without incidents, this pass might be best kept to members in good standing who have been around for awhile and have proven they can work together for this first pass experience if it ever gets to that point.

That leave's me out :sign:

vewyphishy said:
Gunpowder, check in the Passes in Progress for the PIF thread.

The idea would be that there's no initial lineup of players. So if you started it, you would say "I'm passing a Colibri lighter and a V-cutter. Who wants it?"

Then someone would accept it. Then they would offer up something: "I've got an ashtray and a cigar pouch. Who wants it?"

And so on and so forth... and thus Passing It Forward. :)

Just an idea of course. That's just what it sounded like to me from your initial description.
You could do it that way (pass it forward)....I wonder how many would participate as the pass it forward might go dead in only 2-3 trips. Not knowing who wanted to participate is a concern. I guess if it goes dead in 2-3 passes then that is the way it is.

I assume that the idea would be that the value going out (being offered) should equal what was recieved.

Could also do a traditional equipment pass but keep it to something lite like a selection of lighters of various price ranges. A lighter Pass :could have some value. Imaging stocking 10 lighters to strat it off with. Quite an investment even if some were cheapies.

I know they do pipe passes for those in the pipe smoking hobby.

Please read my edited first post and votes for your prefered pass idea.

I would like to participate in either... as I am always loosing lighters :)

I like the small accessories pass idea thought a PIF sounds more practical for this type of pass.

Just my2cents

Rnccen

Looks like we have a possible five individuals so far. Would like a large pool if we do the PIF equipment pass. Keep signing up.

I think if ya keep it as an "APIF" (Accessory PIF) then you dont need to get people to sign up.

If its a pass type thing, then ya have to get a line up of people and stock up the box.

I would go for either way ya do it.

And I would also like to stand up for Toaster, he is a true BOTL and 100% stand up, I have no doubts about his inclusion into the pass.

Jim

Toaster is ok in my eyes :thumbs: I still would like to have a show of interest if I do the PIF model to keep the flow going and make sure the pass doesn't end before it begins ???

With possibly 6 in I figure we are progressing but slowly.

I thought this idea might go but I am surprised at the lack of interest.