• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Top 10 B&M sticks

pj_rage

Novice Cigar Smoker
If you head into a random B&M store and you have to choose 5-10 sticks that most *good* B&Ms would have in stock at any given time, what would they be, in order? I'm curious, because in the grand scheme of things, being new, I haven't tried even a fraction of what is available, and when I go in there looking around, there is ALOT that I haven't tried! Just wondering which of your favorites I'm missing out on that I should pay more attention to!

Leaving out the ones that are not typically in stock (Padron 26/64, VSG, Opus, etc) and keeping in mind that I'm still new, I've found that my list looks something like:

CAO Cx2
Padron thousand series
CAO Cameroon
Fuente Hemingway
Punch Rare Corojo
AVO XO

Without stretching to others that I really enjoyed but I'm not dying to buy again, that's my list. Continually changing as I try new things, of course :p What about you guys?

padron 0000's series
carlos torano
perdomo
por larranaga
monte classic
zino
rocky patel edge
any don pepin

Anything Pepin/Tat first
LFD second
Then I browse there Fuente Stuff
Then I look for Go to stuff like punch or RP

Fuente
Ashton
La Flor
Avo
Torano
Don Pepin
Padron
CAO
Punch
LGC(series R)

In no praticular order.

I would have to say:

VSG
La Aurora - most have, but the price variance is sometime 4-5 bucks a piece for the Tubes Perferdios
Tats - which I am beginning to appreciate more and more
Padilla - same as above
LFD
Opus
Anejo

The B&Ms I frequent generally have a great assortment of Padrons, so they are a given.

Ken

LFD the whole line
Tatuaje Brown
Don pepin Garcia Black
La Aurora Tubos
Fuente Sungrowns
Ashton Aged Maduros
Padron Magnum or 5000
El Rey Del Mundo Robusto Larga
Alec Bradely Trilogy
Camacho diploma

My B&M doesn't carry much worth a crap, but when I walk in any B&M the first things I look for are:

1. Tats
2. LFDs
3. Padrons
4. VSGs
5. DPGs

Frist thing I look for now a days is Tats, then Pepin and Padilla sticks.

Then I check the prices on the old standbys LGC and hope to find some Felicias.
Then its Fuentes hoping for Cuban Belis, or other sungrowns...
From there I go for Ashton Maduros or Padron '64s (which we get reamed for in Cali)
RP Sungrowns, Hoyo Dark Sumatra, and Mayorga round-out the list.

Anejo's
Rarer Fuentes
Don Pepin Black
Don Pepin JJ series
Padilla 8&11
Tatuajes Brown
Ashton VSG
Davidoff
LFD Chisels
Rocky Patel Sun Grown
La Aurora 1432 series

My B&M doesn't carry much worth a crap, but when I walk in any B&M the first things I look for are:

1. Tats
2. LFDs
3. Padrons
4. VSGs
5. DPGs

X2
great minds think alike Wyatt....

"Leaving out the ones that are not typically in stock (Padron 26/64, VSG, Opus, etc)..."

In the Twin Cities, I rarely see the Opus, but Padron 26/64s and VSGs are always aplenty. If anyone is in need, let me know.

"Leaving out the ones that are not typically in stock (Padron 26/64, VSG, Opus, etc)..."

In the Twin Cities, I rarely see the Opus, but Padron 26/64s and VSGs are always aplenty. If anyone is in need, let me know.
I wasn't sure if they were getting more common. One of my B&Ms has no 26/64s, and had a box of tres mystique VSGs but sold them fast, the other (better one) has more 26/64 than he knows what to do with and had a few different boxes of VSGs as well, but I figured both of these were givens that people love em, I'm just trying to see what else is out there that is more "common," but still great smokes.

Are Tatuajes that common in B&Ms? I haven't seen any at one yet, but maybe I'm not looking hard enough? I also haven't seen Pepin, Anejo, or Padilla. But I'll have to look again, I guess...

I always look for something new or something that I don't already have.

Not that I have a problem getting Opus naturally so I will skip those. The sticks I find myself grabbing while at the B&M shops is the following:

1.) Padron 1926 #2 Maduro...Sorry I have to list this as I do not keep any Padrons in my humidors
2.) LFD Cameroon
3.) LFD DL Lancero
4.) LFD DL Chisel
5.) AF Cuban Belicoso
6.) JdN Antano...any size
7.) AF Cuban Corona Maduro
8.) DCM #4 Maduro
9.) Tatauje....doesn't matter which one
10.) Could be anything new or something I want to revisit.

But that is pretty much what I look for as I have smoke more cigars than I will ever admit too. :laugh:

I like this one. Great question. :thumbs:
This is some what a tough question because you never know what to expect when you enter a new shop.
My selections may also change depending on how the humi feels. Is it dry or wet.
Here I go.
1.) Padron 2k M or N
2.) Ashton VSG's any
3.) AF Hemingway short story
4.) AF Don Carlos #4
5 .) Torano Signature Beli
6.) CAO Brazil Paranha
7.) LGC Series R #5
8.) LGC figurados Felicias (believe it or not I still have not tried these. None of the local shops have them, so I always look for them)
9.) R&J vintage II
10.) Partages S esquisito

There you have it.

1. Tats
2. LFDs
3. Padrons
4. VSGs
5. DPGs

Yeah, and what's funny is that I've never see any, which are on your list, at that particular B&M. Have you? They will NEVER have any Padrons and I doubt the the owner even knows who Don Pepin is. By the way, your list looks mighty good. :love:

I would also add DC Max. and Fuente Sungrowns.

1. Tats
2. LFDs
3. Padrons
4. VSGs
5. DPGs

Yeah, and what's funny is that I've never see any, which are on your list, at that particular B&M. Have you? They will NEVER have any Padrons and I doubt the the owner even knows who Don Pepin is. By the way, your list looks mighty good. :love:

I would also add DC Max. and Fuente Sungrowns.

Nope I haven't. Pretty bad when the only B&M within 120 miles isn't even worth walking in.

1. Olivias
2. Sancho Panza

My store usually has some 1964/26 and VSG's so I try to buy some of each, though not as much lately, since I bought a box from Tower cigars ( NorCalMark), really great service from him and nice prices.