• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Total Gym Workout ?'s

Nicklor

Teh Beer N' Gar Connoisseur ...
So I'm sitting at work and suddenly Chuck Norris pops up on the screen and beckons me to buy his Total Gym system, I was wondering if anyone owns/has used this gear before and how effective the results are. I would really like to lose 10-15 lbs. in the waist area before attending my 10th high school reunion.

Any and all feedback/recommendations appreciated.

Never used one but I do see them on craigslist all the time cheap. If you want to just lose weight then do cardio. If your looking to build strength then free weights is the way to go. No matter what you decide to do it all works better if you have a clean diet.

DG

Only way to achieve 10-15 pounds is CARDIO CARDIO CARDIO. Especially running or swimming. Also it's a good idea to lift weights as well. The more muscle you have the more fat your body will burn from working out and even just doing nothing throughout the day. with weights try to stick with dumbbells to get the best free range of motion (tones and builds muscles muscles faster IMHO)

Free weights are always ideal, but this thing isn't a terrible alternative. My dad has one and loves it. I'd say working out with the Total Gym, along with proper diet and some cardio, will do you some good.

Cardio in the morning, weights in the afternoon. You'll peel off those pounds in no time.

Morning cardio elevates your fat-burning metabolism for the entire day. Afternoon/evening is a more effective time for adding muscle mass, because you've got a night's sleep for recovery . . . and muscle burns more calories than fat, so combining it with morning cardio is a "double whammy." Plus firming up makes you LOOK like you've lost weight, anyway.

I haven't used the Total Gym, but have seen it around. The principle's sound, and the movements/exercises look good. Seems like it takes up a bit of space, though.

~Boar

Thanks to everyone for your more then welcomed input, a proper diet with a lot of fiber(my uncle always said that :laugh: ) is important.

Nick