• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tough Draw: My Fault?

McPatrickClan

McPatrickClan
I have had a consistent problem with churchill cigars. When I light them up, the draw is incredibly difficult. For example, the C.A.O. L'Anniv. maduro was plugged as heck. The Onyx Vintage I had on Friday was also a very tough draw. Usually when I light up a robusto or a torpedo, I am ready to roll right away. With an A-sized cigar or a churchill, I wonder if I am doing something wrong, or if these cigars are typically tough to draw on.

gavin,

do you use a punch or a cutter, and what rh is your humi set on, both of those can affect draw, i had to back off my rh for some smokes and let some rest longer than others at a stable humidity to get them smoking right,

hope that helps some,

Nick

Nick, I use a Davidoff cutter and you are right, when I don't cut deep enough it does affect the draw. My rh is actually kind of high, so that might be affecting them. It's amazing how some cigars are not nearly as good when they are too dry or too wet.

McP, of course it's your fault. Didn't they tell you that? :p

Just kidding.... I think your humidity is too high, I know that when mine gets up there, my sticks expand and I have a nasty draw.