• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tour de France or Tour de Farce?

high-n-tight

So is Floyd Landis guilty of doping or is he innocent?

What are your thoughts ??? ???

IMHO.....he took something; because synthetic testosterone does not occur naturally in the human body.

.....synthetic testosterone does not occur naturally in the human body.
..what was the question?

Corporate sponserships and big money at risk....lots of pressure....you do the math. Dissapointing, to say the least.

Regards - B.B.S.

So is Floyd Landis guilty of doping or is he innocent?

What are your thoughts ??? ???

IMHO.....he took something; because synthetic testosterone does not occur naturally in the human body.

Niether does the stuff in Gatorade or Power Bars, but nobody is going to call anyone out for using them. The definition of 'doping' seems to be getting loser all the time...

I just don't get it!

This was a high profile Tour. The main contenders were pulled
from the race just before the start. Landis knew from the outset
that all the riders would be under a microscope.

Landis knew that all the stage winners would be tested immediately after
their win.

Landis is called out after test 1 and denies taking anything.

Landis is called out after test 2, the "coup de grace" as far as the
organization is concerned and yet again, Landis denies any wrong doing.

Landis is either stupid and thinks everyone associated with testing is
also stupid, or Landis is innocent.

I just don't get it!

Brian

I get it. The French are involved.

Doc.

I've read dozens of articles and am so confused now I don't know what to believe. It is very hard for me to believe Floyd would juice but the evidence is hard to discount. He's been fired from his team and it's almost certain he will be stripped of his Tour de France title. Major bummer any way you slice it.

I've been following cycling for most of my adult life. Like all sports it has it flaws and tons of scandals. Floyd and Phonak are to blame, it is a team sport everything is handled by your team from doctors on down. How can the team not accept responsibilty for this outcome. Tell me no one associated with Floyd gave him this synthetic testosterone and I'll show you some beautiful glass top Cohiba's I found to sell you.

I've read dozens of articles and am so confused now I don't know what to believe. It is very hard for me to believe Floyd would juice but the evidence is hard to discount. He's been fired from his team and it's almost certain he will be stripped of his Tour de France title. Major bummer any way you slice it.

I agree, this is very confusing but mostly, disappointing.

I have watched every Tour since Greg Lamond won his first one. With
Lance at the helm for the past 7 years it was always going to be an
exciting tour.

This year I was not expecting much. That changed with
the mountain stages. Floyd was up then down and basically written off
when 8 minutes behind. Then the comeback, just amazing to watch. The
infamous test was taken after he made up the 8 minutes.

As mentioned in my post above, he knew they would test him. Yes, the French
don't want an American to win but these are independent tests, done twice.

Will Floyd Landis fight this and if he does, how can he prove his
innocence?

Brian

.....synthetic testosterone does not occur naturally in the human body.

Well I honestly haven’t been fallowing this so the only thing I have to offer is typically the drug tests for big events like that, they usually take blood tests. So it should show conclusive evidence of illegal stimulants. Most likely he’s guilty but there’s the off chance it’s over the counter garbage. Seems to be the new thing.

If he was smart he would have waited for Carlos. He may not have been tested. Also this isn't a question of (why would he take this if he knew....) It could be as simple as him not getting the correct masking/flushing agents from his people in the team car before the end of the race. Although it kills me to say it, it is my personal belief that a great number of people Dope in the pro peleton and still did for this Tour regardless off the particular circumstance

01.jpg

that's me, racing on water and cliff bars....

The Frenchies are framing him...fu(< the French...jealous bastards!

-Fetter

If he was smart he would have waited for Carlos. He may not have been tested. Also this isn't a question of (why would he take this if he knew....) It could be as simple as him not getting the correct masking/flushing agents from his people in the team car before the end of the race. Although it kills me to say it, it is my personal belief that a great number of people Dope in the pro peleton and still did for this Tour regardless off the particular circumstance

01.jpg

that's me, racing on water and cliff bars....

That Cat5 field looks pooped :)

And if he waited for Carlos, he wouldn't have had enough time to win the Tour anyways...

I didn't know what to think at the onset, but when he went all conspiracy theory on us, there was bound to be trouble. Personally, I'm waiting for the mysterious masked man, a la the Tyler Hamilton case, or at least a one in a million chimeric twin. Something exciting and dramatic.

Of course, he's right when he says it's ridiculous that they released his A sample before his B sample AND it's absolutely unacceptable that they did this because they knew the French lab would leak it. If you can't trust a laboratory with confidential information, they shouldn't be accredited, because that's as much procedure as not mixing two urine samples together (or deep freezing a blood sample). The way these cases gets mishandled is a shame because it gives cheaters not only a way out, but a way to save face if they are found guilty.

WADA and Dick Pound are making themselves out to be the biggest joke in all of athletics, a larger farce than the dopers themselves, by not behaving like a governing body but more like a high school teacher with a vendetta against a student.

That Cat5 field looks pooped smile.gif

TYFNS - that is the Cat 4 field thank you very much! :D
I'm going to be ungrading in about a month (i have the points already) :p

That Cat5 field looks pooped smile.gif

TYFNS - that is the Cat 4 field thank you very much! :D
I'm going to be ungrading in about a month (i have the points already) :p

The question still stands - aren't you a little young to be racing in the Masters 55+ category?

Do you know how I can race there?