• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Coolador? Extended Travel Planned in F80 Land Cruiser with Cigars

charx

I need ideas please! I am converting my series 80 Land Cruiser to a pop-top camper with lots of storage, solar, and plenty of electrical power. I need to take my cigars!! I'm toying with an idea of making a small coolador for maybe 50-100 cigars. It could be 12v or 120v using my inverter. Ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!

I think the problem you might encounter with a small electric cooler would be the added humidity that would be produced. I doubt you will be able to find a small unit that would have a thermo-electric motor that wouldn't pump excess moisture into the cooler.

How long are we talking? Will you be out for weeks/months or just days?

On a side note, why have these gone up in price? I sure wish I would have purchased a garage full of FJ60s, when they were dirt cheap.

How long are we talking? Will you be out for weeks/months or just days?

On a side note, why have these gone up in price? I sure wish I would have purchased a garage full of FJ60s, when they were dirt cheap.
This trip has no time limit. We are selling out and headed South from Oregon till we hit penguins.... 😂. As far as the price of the Landcruiser 60's and 80's, they are in demand because they are field-fixable and were pre-computer and they are overbuilt to tackle anything.

I think the problem you might encounter with a small electric cooler would be the added humidity that would be produced. I doubt you will be able to find a small unit that would have a thermo-electric motor that wouldn't pump excess moisture into the cooler.
Indeed. That's why I am posting this looking fpr answers. It's a tough challenge for sure.

I need ideas please! I am converting my series 80 Land Cruiser to a pop-top camper with lots of storage, solar, and plenty of electrical power. I need to take my cigars!! I'm toying with an idea of making a small coolador for maybe 50-100 cigars. It could be 12v or 120v using my inverter. Ideas will be greatly appreciated!!!
I used to have 5-10-25-and 50 count cigar caddies and ended up getting rid of everything and bought a few of these Ziploc sealable boxes for various uses. When I go somewhere for cigar smoking, I pack one or two with boxes of cigars and throw in a Boveda pack. I'd say each holds 8-10 boxes of cigars.

1692804072226.png

I used to have 5-10-25-and 50 count cigar caddies and ended up getting rid of everything and bought a few of these Ziploc sealable boxes for various uses. When I go somewhere for cigar smoking, I pack one or two with boxes of cigars and throw in a Boveda pack. I'd say each holds 8-10 boxes of cigars.

View attachment 71741
I have that exact set-up here at home, but when I am rolling through who-knows-where in the Land Cruiser I really need to keep the temperature consistent. The box-with-Boveda part is easy... what about the temperature? That's what I need to control.

I have that exact set-up here at home, but when I am rolling through who-knows-where in the Land Cruiser I really need to keep the temperature consistent. The box-with-Boveda part is easy... what about the temperature? That's what I need to control.
Put the Tupper wear or cigar caddy in the electric cooler.

Take my ex-wife with you? If she is in the Land Cruiser, or even close, the cigars will be frigid too!😁