• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Travel Storage

roboref

I am going on a cruise and was considering using a gladware container to take a few cigars with me as well as to bring some home using the humidistick or someother type of humidifier. What do you think. I will be bring home about 25 cigars, but it has to be small and compact. Any ideas? It is to late to order a travel humidor since I leave Sunday!

An Otterbox would be the best choice but you'd really have to pay to get it in the next 2 days. A tupperware box and creedo should work for the amount of time that you need it.

Tupp. and Credo are just fine. Just make sure to stuff something in there to fill any empty space so things don't bang against each other.

Good suggestion on something to keep them from banging around. plan on using some bubblewrap and peanuts to keep them from moving. I am looking forward to buying some really nice cigars on this vacation.

See if your local tobacco store carries these: Humidipak. They work a lot better than Tupperware, IMHO.

Matt R said:
See if your local tobacco store carries these: Humidipak. They work a lot better than Tupperware, IMHO.
Wouldn't you have to stick the Humidipak in tupperware w/ the smokes though? I've never seen ones that hold cigars.

Wouldn't you have to stick the Humidipak in tupperware w/ the smokes though? I've never seen ones that hold cigars.

No, this product is a nice, heavy, resealable bag with a small packet inside it (a humidification device). They come in various sizes.

They do work very nicely ;)

coventrycat86 said:

No, this product is a nice, heavy, resealable bag with a small packet inside it (a humidification device). They come in various sizes.

They do work very nicely ;)
I see. Whenever I've gotten them they've just been the packet that you had to stick in your own bag or tuppi.

Very much so, I have used one of these to mail cigars from Mi to Japan and it worked very well, but I did have to put the whole packet in a plastic box to protect from crushing, the sealed it the shipping box wrapped in cloth and stuff (had clothes to ship too).

It's a great bag, but doesn't help against the jostling / crushing problem.

i will probably get flamed for this, but i have a nice little travel humidor, holds 10 or so 'gars ( depending on size). i got it full from thompson for 29 bucks. i am not a great fan of thompsons, but they have some good deals

Hey Fred,

Glad to see you back!!! I know about those Thompson travel humis and I agree with you, they are a nice little unit. A friend of mine has one and he loves it. ;)

Any of you ever hear of Pelican Cases? Pelican

They are great, water-tight, sealed, heavy-duty cases that the military uses alot. A Flight Engineer freind and I are in the process of converting one into a travel-dor by lining the inside with fitted cedar slats and affixing a humidifcation unit to the lid. When done we'll have a great, cedar-lined, Heavy duty travel humidor for our deployments for under 20 bucks.

Can't beat that with a stick.

-K-

Treamayne said:
Any of you ever hear of Pelican Cases? Pelican

They are great, water-tight, sealed, heavy-duty cases that the military uses alot. A Flight Engineer freind and I are in the process of converting one into a travel-dor by lining the inside with fitted cedar slats and affixing a humidifcation unit to the lid. When done we'll have a great, cedar-lined, Heavy duty travel humidor for our deployments for under 20 bucks.

Can't beat that with a stick.

-K-
We use Pelican Cases on my ship. I can vouche for their toughness and water tight intgrity. You can't bust em!

Emo

Pelicans are great. Besides the fact that they are tough as hell they hold humididty real well because of the air tight seal.

I have always just used a Small bread size Tupperware container with a humistick work fine for a cruise. Quick and easy to put together. Otterboxes are great if you are doing a lot of traveling.

Just my .02 ;)