• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Traveling for a few days... Storeage

sok454

I don't have a travel humidor. What is the best way to travel w your sticks? Not flying. Just driving. Thanks!

A smaller airtight Tupperware container would work great. Ziplock would work too. Put a Boveda pack in with your sticks and you'd be golden.

Gern Blansten said:
A smaller airtight Tupperware container would work great. Ziplock would work too. Put a Boveda pack in with your sticks and you'd be golden.
Pretty much all you need to know.

Most B&M's carry fuente humidified bags also. Which could be reused later with a fresh boveda added.

See here:
http://youtu.be/2uCf81lTtwM

C

What the hell, it's Fathers day, be done with it and get a Cigar Caddy by Otterbox. They're not pretty, but there's nothing better at protecting your cigars from gales, hurricanes, typhoons, Nor'easters and baggage handlers,. Not to mention keeping the humidity stable.

You can try this no. 970 372 1875

Doc

Devil Doc said:
What the hell, it's Fathers day, be done with it and get a Cigar Caddy by Otterbox. They're not pretty, but there's nothing better at protecting your cigars from gales, hurricanes, typhoons, Nor'easters and baggage handlers,. Not to mention keeping the humidity stable.

You can try this no. 970 372 1875

Doc

Truth.  I've ended with with three different sizes, and it's one of the things I'm glad I have every time I use it.  Nothing compares.  They are cheap enough, and will last as long as you do.

Cheap ass trick - pick up a couple Bovida packs and keep them fresh by putting them in a tupperware with a small, new synthetic sponge that is moist NOT wet with distilled H2O.  Don't let the sponge touch the Bovida's or it will soak them and ruin them.  Stored this way, Bovida's last almost indefinitely and can be essentially recharged as they dry out.  If you dry them out all the way like a potato chip they are done for, but if you keep them hydrated, they'll last a very long time.

For a couple days I'd just dry box them. They will probably smoke perfect drying out a bit. Not gunna harm them over a couple days.

Of course the bovida's is a great idea also.