• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tried My First Scotch Tonight

wtrfwler1

I had never tried any scotch, so I sent AVB a message to get some suggestions on which scotch might be good for a beginner. One he suggested was The Balvenie DoubleWood, so I stopped and picked up a bottle yesterday, although I new I wouldn’t have time to try it.

Well today my wife called and said she had some things to do and wouldn’t be home until 8:30. So when I got home a grabbed a glass and poured about two fingers worth, grabbed an Anejo 48 and out back I went.

To be honest my first taste of the scotch was not very good, so I added two ice cubes and let it sit for a few minutes while I enjoyed the cigar. Then I took a smaller sip and that was not as bad. The more I drank the more I liked it. I by no means could give a review, but it was a smooth drink with a sweet finish. The scotch and the cigar seemed to complement each other nicely, and by the time I finished the drink it was really good. The drink was gone long before I finished the cigar and debated on pouring another glass, but with a long day at work tomorrow I decided against it.

Thanks AVB for the recommendation, I am looking forward to this new journey.

Robby

Glad to help. :thumbs:

This is one of my favorites so far. I also really like the Glenfiddich 15 Solera Reserve.

AVB always steers the newbie in a good direction!

You used the technique that I often recommend to new Scotch drinkers. Drink it until it tastes good. For some people this takes 3 or 4 drinks the first time. You were fortunate.

Doc.