• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Fundadore 99'

Poronico

Ridentem dicere verum quid vetat " Horace "
The Trinidad in retrospect is one of the most complex cigars that I have smoked. Prior to lighting the test draw was flawless the wrapper is dark and oily to the touch. The Draw, Construction, and stability of this cigar is exactly what I had hoped for, nothing short of perfect. This lancero had a mild flavor profile initially, I noticed a grassy flavor with hints of sweetness almost meadow(ish) like. During the beginning of the cigar, I noticed that there was not an overpowering flavor compared to the recent BBF's or PSD, but rather a elegant flavor that coaxed its way into your nose and pallet. About ½ inch into this cigar the floral notes began coming through. Now once I got into the cigar about an inch, it changed again and I had the very distinct and stronger flavor, which grew to a fuller strength. I noticed in the 1st 1/3 notes of coffee and hints of cream with spice. At the 1/3rd mark a very distinct hint of cedar and leather appeared . The ½ way point marked another major profile change, which was initially smoother and subtle notes of leather and spice. Which then kicked into full flavor and a peppery spice. I have to say that the Trinidad is a very complex Habanos. The last 1/3 of the cigar was very earthy with what I can only describe as leathery cereal and honey. It kicked up a notch and left my lips dancing with flavor. It was much stronger toward the end with almost a spicy nutty finish. I really enjoyed this cigar to the burns on my fingertips.

For some reason, I'm a big fan of these. I have only 1 left. Its been aging for 5 years or so...can't wait to light it up. Maybe I just need to pick up some more of these...

I've been wanting to try this cigar. I have on sitting in my humidor from '08. Just haven't found the right time to smoke it yet. I want to be able to devote some time to truly enjoying it. Thanks for the review.

This long, slender stick has got to be one of my favorite smoking experiences. I've only had one. It was '98 I was gifted a few years back. It smoked beautifully. I remember seeing a picture of MarkTwain smoking one of these and he looked totally stewed. That was the moment I decided I had to try one.

I've been wanting to try this cigar. I have on sitting in my humidor from '08. Just haven't found the right time to smoke it yet. I want to be able to devote some time to truly enjoying it. Thanks for the review.