• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trinidad Fundadores

LC-Smoker

Have you seen my stapler?
Not only was this my first Fundadores, but it was my first Trinidad period. Having no experience with this line, and hearing great things about this vitola from Scot, I was anxious to give it a go. I need to thank Jingles; these cigars were gifted to me by him for X-Mas.

The appearance of this cigar was magnificent. The wonderfully light wrapper was flawless and the head had a perfect pigtail. I clipped with a guillotine and got down to business.

My initial impressions were mixed. While the draw was perfect, the flavor was nearly undetectable; it was essentially non-existent. However, this only lasted for a few moments before the real Trinidad decided to show up. Gradually the flavor emerged and it was wonderful; a terrific mix of nuts and toasted wheat or rye. It was superbly balanced and continued to be so throughout the smoke. While I found that the flavor of the cigar didn’t change much throughout the cigar, it did become more pronounced especially in the final few inches.

The construction was fabulous. It produced plenty of smoke and burned cool right down to the nub.

Overall, this was a refined and elegant smoke!

Patrick

Just smoked one from 2000 and as it was described, a meaty cigar. Was fantastic. But a nice review on a fine smoke. :thumbs:

The 04's are too young right now to get the full Trinidad flavor profile. If you can get your hands on a 1999 or 2000 then you will see how complex and flavorful this cigar can be.