• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tripel Karmeliet and de Garre Tripel

caf034

Top Striker
Tripel Karmeliet was probably the 2nd best beer I had in Belgium this last time around for me, behind a homebrew by a bar in Bruges called Staminee de Garre. I didn't know before I had it that Tripel Karmeliet had won the World's Best Ale award, but was blown away by its beautiful, smooth, creamy, complex character. I love this beer, and brought home a bigass bottle in my suitcase, only to find out that my best local package store has it! Fantastic. Otherwise, if you're ever in Bruges, Staminee de Garre is a ridiculously cool little beer bar in a tiny alley that has a madphatnasty Tripel by the same name that put me on my ass. 3 glass maximum per person 'cuz of the alcohol percentage, 11 i think, but man is that a good beer. doesn't taste alcoholic at all like some high-gravs (gulden draak for one), and is without a doubt the finest ale I had in all of Europe this year. Everybody should check out Tripel Karmeliet, and plan a trip to Bruges to have some de Garre.