• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Triple A

cigardawg

OK, finally getting around to making this review now that the bottle is almost gone. :blush:

The Ancient Ancient Age 10 came in a 1 liter, standard bottle. This bourbon is 86 proof. Cost me around $13 in VA. Great price points.

Bourbon had a nice amber color. Compared to other bourbons, probably a medium color without very little reddish tints. The nose is mild, with some hints of caramel and vanilla floating in the overall oaky character.

The body was mild to medium. It stood up to a couple of ice cubes (mostly because I like my bourbon cold), but would be very good neat. Very little burn going down. A smooth bourbon.

The flavor was fairly straight forward. There was the overall oaky character that came through on the nose. There were also hints of the caramel and maybe some licorice. I even detected a bit of a citrus feel to the drink. It is sweet without being cloying.

Overall, this bourbon, like the Elijah Craig 12 year, has become one of my go-to bourbons. The price can't be beat and the flavors outstanding. Highly recommended. :)

:p After writing my review, I went back to Jim Murray's Whiskey Bible. I won't write the entire review here (it is quite long), but he does say "this is my everyday drinking whiskey when back home in Kentucky." He also rated it a 94 out of a possible 100. I did not pick up all of the subtleties that he did, but then I don't have as experienced a palate as he does.

Hope you enjoy the review.

Thanks for the review. They don't sell that one here in PA so I may have to look for it next time I'm in MD. Have you see the Ancient Age Barrel Select 107 proof? I just found out about that one yesterday and it has my interest.

AVB said:
Thanks for the review. They don't sell that one here in PA so I may have to look for it next time I'm in MD. Have you see the Ancient Age Barrel Select 107 proof? I just found out about that one yesterday and it has my interest.
[snapback]173490[/snapback]​

Nope. Haven't seen it. It is not even listed in the Whiskey Bible. I'll check for it next time I am at the liquor store. :)