• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Triple filter butane

Gunpowder

Cigar Search & destroy V 1.20
Found a new source for triple filtered Butane at Lowes today. It is in a short caterpillar yellow can in the tool section closer to the commercial end. It was on an end of a row next to the lubricants like WD-40. It is manufactured by Wall lenk Corporation
sku #4849140008

I have been using Calibri which I think is only double filtered. Might be an alternative to ordering Lava and having to pay shipping.

Dumb question, does this have the little nozzle dealie for filling lighters or does it require some kind of hack? I always bought Colibri fluid from my local Riteaide but they stopped carrying it and finding a replacement has proven difficult. I never realized how bad cheap butane actually is.

Found a new source for triple filtered Butane at Lowes today. It is in a short caterpillar yellow can in the tool section closer to the commercial end. It was on an end of a row next to the lubricants like WD-40. It is manufactured by Wall lenk Corporation
sku #4849140008

I have been using Calibri which I think is only double filtered. Might be an alternative to ordering Lava and having to pay shipping.
Sounds good...how much was it per can?...and what was the can size?

I just checked my silver can of Colibri 'Premium Butane' and you're right, it doesn't state how "filtered" it is. I assumed it was triple filtered at this price ($5.95 a can for 3.04 fl oz), but I must say, since I converted over to this one years ago I've had no lighter problems at all.

Great find... :thumbs:

Just got a new can of Lucienne, quadruple. I filled all my lighters but, when I got to the J. T. Dupont X-Tend DLI20104N lighter, the butane was spewing out.The feed hole was to big for this lighter by a half a hair...........

To spice up this conversation, my B&M carries Vector ( 5X filtered).

Check out: vectorkgm.com

320 ml contents with adapters, but the standard can adapter works just fine on my Blazer.

To spice up this conversation, my B&M carries Vector ( 5X filtered).

Check out: vectorkgm.com

320 ml contents with adapters, but the standard can adapter works just fine on my Blazer.

The best....unless you can find LAVA!

:thumbs:

I discovered King Butane and have never looked back. It's triple filtered, comes with all the little adapter gizmo's and works fantastically in all my torches. Great price, shipping is reasonable if you buy more than one can. I bought a 12 unit case and it's really good stuff.

The guys that sell the nice "Little Havana" hygros also appear to import this. Believe it or not, we used one of their little butane stoves for our recent nine month camping expedition. It worked great...!! My wife is having a hard time now with a stove that has more than one burner....:p Bought some of these, too...really cool.

FWIW, YMMV, BBQ, etc.....B.B.S.

Edited to add....hmm...the King Butane site sure looks like the Lava Butane site......:whistling:

Boy did this open a can of worms for me...my fingers are aching from Google Fu-ing.

I wound up buying the Tattoo 5x filtered (sic) butane on FleaBay...it was the free shipping that got me, $26.99 including the shipping for 4 cans.

That should last me until I croak....

PS: Tom, you forgot Anthony's YMMV...:laugh:

Living where I am, I can't buy butane and have it shipped, something about a plane possibly exploding in midair.
laugh.gif

BUT, the good thing is I can find Vector 5X cans all over the liquor stores here. Having one of the highest smokeable meth (ice or glass) populations means the liquor store owners bring in the good chit!

Thanks Tom, we need to get you a junior detective badge. :p