• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

* TRIVIA CONTEST *

Set-In-Stone

The Dude Abides
Hey CP ! Im a new member here looking to payback to the generous community of BOTL. I appreciate everyone's help on this forum and love spending time reading the various threads. Very helpful in my search for more information on everything and anything cigars. I recently have been stocking up on some sticks and would like to host this TRIVIA CONTEST and have a modest giveaway to show my appreciation for the warm welcomes, and helpful conversations.

I WILL HOLD THE CONTEST ON FRIDAY - AUG. 12th @ 5:00 pm EST or 1700 hrs for you service men and women. :thumbs:

This will allow some time for people to have found out about the contest and allow a fair shot at the trivia question. I try to be fair...

The first person to post there answer to the 2 part trivia question will win. . . . . . A NEEEEEEW CAR ! ( theme music from Price is Right)
Just kidding, I couldn't help myself. Seriously, the winner will receive the following;

1 TATUAJE ANARCHY baseball cap, and 1 TATUAJE ANARCHY cigar, and 1 A.F. SS Maduro cigar

GOOD LUCK TO ALL CONTESTANTS... THANKS CP :cool:

Did tone-ny win yet?

bump . . .

Please don't do that. People will look at the thread if they are interested.

I did it because the Contest goes off today and I want people that check "new content" to be able to see that there is a contest
going on. . .

I could understand if I kept doing it but....
Im pretty sure the one bump wasn't that big of a deal. Thanks for your concern though ???

The question will be asked TODAY AT 5:00 pm EST. GOOD LUCK !

bump . . .

Please don't do that. People will look at the thread if they are interested.

I did it because the Contest goes off today and I want people that check "new content" to be able to see that there is a contest
going on. . .

I could understand if I kept doing it but....
Im pretty sure the one bump wasn't that big of a deal. Thanks for your concern though ???

The question will be asked TODAY AT 5:00 pm EST. GOOD LUCK !

You bumped the original thread less than 4 hours after you started it. There's not so much activity that it's going to get lost in that amount of time.

If people have not clicked on the post in the past, it will show up when they check new content. If they've read the thread already, they know when the contest is.

Do as you will. I'm simply pointing out how things are done (and not done) here.

Why is it all my friend have such big dicks?

S-I-S you just stepped on yours!;)

We talked after he responded to you this morning and he now knows the dos and donts of bumping!

WOW.... Well, I thought I was doing a good thing by hosting this contest? Sorry If I haven't been on this forum long enough to know
e-v-e-r-y l-i-t-t-l-e d-e-t-a-i-l on how things "work" around here. Could have sent me A PM explaining why it was a big deal. But I can clearly see we are past that point. ANYWAYS, back to the REAL issue here - THE CONTEST

ALL OTHER MEMBERS:

PLEASE ANSWER THE FOLLOWING QUESTION TO WIN YOUR PRIZE.

Which church/cathedral located on the east coast held a contest to design a gargoyle and have it set-in-stone on the church/cathedral. ALSO tell me the ironic science fictional character that won. TWO ANSWERS are needed - the name of the church/cathedral and also the name of the character carved in stone.

THIS CONTEST ENDS TOMORROW AT 5:00 pm EST. GOOD LUCK GUYS and GALS !!!!

WOW.... Well, I thought I was doing a good thing by hosting this contest? Sorry If I haven't been on this forum long enough to know
e-v-e-r-y l-i-t-t-l-e d-e-t-a-i-l on how things "work" around here. Could have sent me A PM explaining why it was a big deal. But I can clearly see we are past that point. ANYWAYS, back to the REAL issue here - THE CONTEST

ALL OTHER MEMBERS:

Which church/cathedral located on the east coast held a contest to design a gargoyle and have it set-in-stone on the church/cathedral. ALSO tell me the ironic science fictional character that won. TWO ANSWERS are needed - the name of the church/cathedral and also the name of the character carved in stone.

Who has a trivia contest on the internet....lol...Hello Google

ALL OTHER MEMBERS:

It wasn't a big deal. A PM was not necessary. I was polite and succinct and gave you no attitude or snark. I figured you didn't know "e-v-e-r-y l-i-t-t-l-e d-e-t-a-i-l on how things "work" around here", so I was letting you know.

I suppose the "ALL OTHER MEMBERS:" after your reply to me crack was your way to let me know I wasn't welcome to enter. Thanks, I appreciate that.

It's nice that you had a contest. I hope the winner enjoys their prize. Good day to you...

Why is it all my friend have such big dicks?

S-I-S you just stepped on yours!;)

We talked after he responded to you this morning and he now knows the dos and donts of bumping!

He missed the point and one of the few DONT'S in the new user info thread:

Don't get defensive if an established member points out a mistake you're making. They're here to help you along, not criticize you.

Don't ruin your own contest thread by flaming out on the established member who simply pointed you in the right direction SIS. He means well, and it's just a lesson on etiquette is all.

Don't ruin your own contest thread by flaming out on the established member who simply pointed you in the right direction SIS. He means well, and it's just a lesson on etiquette is all.

Agreed. . . Im over it.

Washington National Cathedral
Darth Vader
Thanks for the contest

CONGRATS TO YOU SIR !!!! You were the FIRST person to POST there answer correctly. :thumbs:

I did have another person send me a PM with the correct answer HOWEVER, I did say in the initial contest rules to POST the answer, not PM the answer. It would be hard to convince the rest of the board that the PM answer was correct and in first. Sorry to the other contestants who participated but did not win.

This thread is done. As well as the useless "bumping". I apologize. . . ;)

Nice idea you just needed to be here a little longer to see how things are done. You took it fairly well so just hang in there.