• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Try a Winsor humidor ...

CTBlankenship

I make the Winsor humidor from scratch (hand cut and mill each part in my workshop) and they are priced slightly higher than a Savoy Executive.  I make them out of 13-ply cabinet grade birch plywood (the bottom as well) upon which I place very beautiful burls (amboyna, redwood, walnut ... to name a few).  This plywood, though expensive, is the most stable substrate available for veneering, which is required as the veneer costs roughly $50.00/humidor.  I hand pick the Spanish cedar which I plane to 3/8" instead of 1/4" like most.  Hardware is Brasso (simply the best) and I make the tray to your specifications.  The bottom is 3mil leather.  The bottom is weighted with marble and a steel plate is mortised into the lid for attaching magnetic accoutrements. The seal is guaranteed and it arrives preseasoned with a Caliber IV Gold Bezel hygrometer.  Since the finishing takes approx. 10 days, there is no reason not to put the Boveda 84% packets inside as the many coats of lacquer are applied, cured and sanded (rinse and repeat until the finish is perfect.  

I make only two per month ... the dimensions are 14=1/2"x10-1/2"x9"

The finish is piano gloss (15+ coats of urethane) hand polished to a mirror finish (or semi-gloss or matte ... whichever you prefer).  

Let the whipping begin ...  :)

Done ... being a newbie I thought posting topics concerning humidors in the humidor forum was a logical conclusion.  thanks for letting me know where to go.