• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying something different tonight...

Gonz

Ultra Runner
I picked up an Eye of Round Roast this afternoon, but wasn't really sure on the best way to cook it so I'm going to try the following:

I've seasoned the roast with some Lawry's season salt, garlic and a little Italian seasoning. Then I preheated the oven to 500 degrees and am cooking the roast (as I write this) for about 20 minutes, I read to cook it at that temp 7 minutes per pound. Then after that initial 20 minutes I'm going to turn off the oven, not open the door and leave it alone for another 2 1/2 hours, and supposedly it will be cooked to a perfect medium temperature and will be ultra tender.

I'll check back in later tonight to report on how this turns out!

Please do. This sounds interesting. I've got an eye of round in my freezer and I've been looking at recipes for the past couple weeks.

I have never had much luck with eye of round roast. Maybe this recipe is the trick.

A tender eye of round would be different. I'll be interested to find out how it turns out.

Doc.

Yup, eye of round always turns out tough, just from the lack of marbling/fat.

It turned out allright. I think considering the quality of that cut of meat it was not too tough and had a nice 'roast' flavor to it. Going forward I'll file this one away as an easy dinner that doesn't require much on my part. 30 minutes worth of prep and hands on cooking time, then turn the oven off and go do whatever.