• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Trying to ID a H. UPMANN new world

Smokemorestressless

I was at a local lounge tonight. The guy sitting next to me was talking, and said he loves Sumatra wrapper cigars. Asked the guy working if he had any. He said only one type, 2 sizes (Churchill and Lonsdales), and they've been there aging for about 10 years. In the pursuit of new things I tried one, really enjoyed it. Can anyone help with what this cigar is? I can't even find a writeup online. All the searches show a "Reserve" version. Pictures attached.

That white stuff on the cello is on the outside, and it wipes right off.

20221105_233330.jpg20221105_233335.jpg20221105_225107.jpg
20221106_025449.jpg

Attachments

• 20221105_232617.jpg
    20221105_232617.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 5
  • 20221105_232612.jpg
    20221105_232612.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I can't help you ID it, but if that's not mold on the cello, and you enjoyed it, I'd ask him about buying the box. Maybe you can get some sort of deal since they aren't exactly a big seller for him, apparently.

It appears that the addition of the word reserve, could be a change on the band of the newer cigars. Here is a link I found just using google that appears to be cigars that don’t have the reserve on the band, but who knows if that just an old stock image or if the sticks you would receive would be what your looking for?

It appears that the addition of the word reserve, could be a change on the band of the newer cigars. Here is a link I found just using google that appears to be cigars that don’t have the reserve on the band, but who knows if that just an old stock image or if the sticks you would receive would be what your looking for?
Thanks! I looked for a long time, nice find.

Sounds like the band I got and the ones with added "reserve" wording might be the same blend, just different bands? The box liner in the shop said Sumatra Wrapper, Dominican binder/ filler. The website says Sunatra Wrapper, Peruvian/ Nicaraguan/ Dominican filler. But as someone above said, they might have put different cigars in a different box. The mystery deepens.

I feel challenged, lol. Can you link me to somewhere that has them for sale? I've been searching and can't find any.

It’s been through like 8 band changes, but note the Indonesian (Sumatran) wrapper. Can’t tell you how many blend tweaks there have been as only Altadis knows for sure, but I believe that’s as close as you’d get new without a time machine.

I second what Nick said.. if it was tasty try some wheelin' and dealin' for the box. I'd trade or buy a couple from you just out of curiosity.