• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tsuge

Treamayne

On the run...
I found a store in my area with extremely limited pipe wares. The only pipes (all 3 of them) they sell are from a Japanese brand called Tsuge. I was wondering if any of you have heard anything about these. Are they the Dr. Grabow of Japan? Ideas?

I did find this page.

However the pipes I saw were in the $80.00 range, if I remember correctly.

If your local store has Tsuge Ikebana 190/00 or the 078/00 for $80.00 buy it for me, I'll send you the cash, a check, or money order.

I don't own one but from what I have read they are nice pipes.

Wascal said:
If your local store has Tsuge Ikebana 190/00 or the 078/00 for $80.00 buy it for me, I'll send you the cash, a check, or money order.

I don't own one but from what I have read they are nice pipes.
[snapback]165698[/snapback]​

I doubt they have either of those for $80. They list for $600

I'll get more info on which ones they do carry and will post it for all.

I take it you have heard good thiungs about this brand?

-K-

Tsuge pipes are supposed to be the best pipes coming out of Japan. I BELIEVE
(not sure) that they are made by one man and his sons. They are very rare
and pricey. I have never even seen one in person. There is a lot of info on the
internet; just do a search and you'll find all the info you want. Prices are usually
between $ 500 - $ 700. :0

I checked the store again - their stock was empty, but they showed me the Tsuge Catalog. The Tsuge Ikebana were the expensive pipes. (2-600 here, 1 model at a grand) However, the majority of the pipes were between 80-150 (Yen, converted). Additionally, they pipes they did have were a sub-line called E-Star (apparantly from Tsuge) and those were 30-100.

It may be possible that export/import taxes and mark-up account for the inflated US prices. I can buy a catalog for about $5 if anybody would like one. Then you could order through me if you find a deal you like and the US/Yen price difference makes the investment worthwhile.

-K-