• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tupperdor time

Snowdust

SnowNYet
I used to read these post and think, these guys must be crazy. A med humidor is all I need.

Well after buying a box, a LARGE newby trade with Ludwig, a split in progress with Captain, a pass coming up with Blair, finding JR's special sales which I know they will have at least one good day out of 13, finding rare sticks in my local shop, and wanting to buy another box of a well remembered smoke...all I can say is ...You guys were right.

How long have you guys stored in a tupperdor? My concern is the issue of being air tight.

What's the issue with being air-tight?
I open each of my coolidors at least once a day just to look at my little beauties and enjoy the fine aroma.

Just be sure to get some Climmax humidifying beads and you'll have nothing to worry about. Trust me.

I guess the concern is that by not being able to breath a little, the humidity would continue to rise past acceptable.

I open each of my coolidors at least once a day just to look at my little beauties and enjoy the fine aroma.

I thought I was the only one that was obsesive about that.

Until I order some beads, any knowledge on those clear tubes with crystals in them that claim the same.

Snowdust said:
I used to read these post and think, these guys must be crazy. A med humidor is all I need.

Well after buying a box, a LARGE newby trade with Ludwig, a split in progress with Captain, a pass coming up with Blair, finding JR's special sales which I know they will have at least one good day out of 13, finding rare sticks in my local shop, and wanting to buy another box of a well remembered smoke...all I can say is ...You guys were right.

How long have you guys stored in a tupperdor? My concern is the issue of being air tight.
Check it at the store. Basically put the cover on normally. Then push down in the middle of the top. It should feel like a drum. Then, as you're pressing down on the top, lift up on one of the corners. You should feel a sudden give in the top and you might even hear a whoosh as the air escapes from you breaking the seal.

You should be able to do this with any tupperware or similar containers. This shows that it is air tight.

No worries mate I'm sure you're good to go!

The beads keep your humidor from getting too and AND they also keep it from getting too humid. 1/2 pound for about $22 (includes shipping) and your worries are over.
Ask lucasbuck - he's a big fan of the beads, too.
Or do a search on cigarweekly.com
Here's the link to their site.
http://www.climmax.com./order.html

Save yourself the in-between step of going with a Tupperdor or Rubbermaidador and just jump straight to the cooler! Before you know it you'll be buying a cooler and scrapping the Tupperdor... it's destiny! LOL!

In all seriousness... go with an Igloodor and perferably a larger one... perhaps 120 Qt. If you continue on the path of buying, trading, passing and bombing your inventory will build up quickly and you'll soon outgrow a small or medium sized storage unit. Also I would HIGHLY recommend you go with Climmax Humidification as it is easy to use, easy to maintain and works like it's supposed to! I don't trust my cigars' humidification to anything but Climmax. Use the link and contact Bruddah Vern as he's a member here and one of the best Bruddahs around!

Aloha,

Wade

I agree on the cooler. When you outgrow a smaller one, you can always convert it back to its original purpose which is BEER!!

And wk-mang's got it right about the beads too. It's the way to go!!

wk-mang said:
Save yourself the in-between step of going with a Tupperdor or Rubbermaidador and just jump straight to the cooler! Before you know it you'll be buying a cooler and scrapping the Tupperdor... it's destiny! LOL!

In all seriousness... go with an Igloodor and perferably a larger one... perhaps 120 Qt. If you continue on the path of buying, trading, passing and bombing your inventory will build up quickly and you'll soon outgrow a small or medium sized storage unit. Also I would HIGHLY recommend you go with Climmax Humidification as it is easy to use, easy to maintain and works like it's supposed to! I don't trust my cigars' humidification to anything but Climmax. Use the link and contact Bruddah Vern as he's a member here and one of the best Bruddahs around!

Aloha,

Wade
Believe it. It happened to me.

Lumberg said:
Believe it. It happened to me.
LOL! It happened to me too and I'm pretty confident in saying that it's happened to the majority of the Bruddahs here! LMAO!

Aloha,

Wade

The cooler is the way to go.

Got my first humidor, 40 count, outgrew in about 2 weeks.

Got a second humigor, 120 count, outgrew that in about a month.

Built a fridgedor, +/- 900 count, even that puppy is real close to being full. :)
(CBid is EVIL I tell ya) :p

Just have to smoke more and start buying a lot better sticks. :D

I must say i thougt the same thing my self the first tim i saw your amount of cigars you hade in your humidors or what you´ve runnin.... But i was surprised how easy it is to get some good cigars and how addictiv this is. It´s more of an hobby then a simple "drug".

It´s soo great and soon, very soon i will start bying boxes and whoops i will be needing bigger storage...

My girlfriend do not understand the hole thing and i cant explain it to here either... It´s that great ;D

Keep em coming and hey, don´t forget to smoke´em!!!

i've been refraining from buying another humidor thingie (humidor, tupperdor, coolidor, etc) because i know i would freakin fill that thing up all the way if given the chance.

cigars are addictive. its' crazy.

maybe you should try to get your girlfriend to smoke with you, azon :D
and another one can join the dark side.