• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Turkey For the First Time

bunyfreak

So, I've been honored with the responsibility of preparing the turkey for out family this year. "No problem, I can handle it." I don't know if I'm going to be signing up again next year. They cut the poor guy's giblits off, put them in a little bag, and stuffed them... well...you know where they stuf them. It's so sad.
All jokes aside, happy thanksgiving from a long time lurker, minimalist poster.

Happy Thanksgiving.
I cook turkeys all the time. It's not rocket surgery. I do it on a Weber Kettle charcoal grill. My turkeys change lives.

update:
The turkey was a hit. As one family member put it: "This is better than the turkey we got at the grove park inn." I did a simple preparation, stuffed with orange halves and sprayed with vegitable oil every thrity minutes or so. I also poured around two cups of chicken broth into the roasting pan, then baked uncovered for two hours, covered with foil and baked for another hour. I must admit that it was pretty good, and plenty moist, which was my main concern along with making sure it was fully cooked. As for the left overs, well, there were none.

Try using a marinade injector next time with orange juice and inject into the turkeys drumsticks, breasts, and thighs. You'd be surprised at how much more flavor gets into the meat. This year I did a 24 hour brine using multiple spices without injecting and deep fried it. Winning!

Wonder if I can deep fry my stuffing if I made them into little balls? Like hushpuppies, only geared towards the holidays. :love:

I love marinade Injectors. That's what I'm using today for round 2