• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Turkey Huntin' for the first time.....

SKYDIVNEKD

Call me "Walt Kowalski"
Reaction score
Missouri via the Commonwealth of Kentucky
I've heard all of the hype and figured I'd give it a shot! (no pun intended!) :thumbs: My brother has been TOO many times and has finally convinced me to go. He is very good at the "calls" so hopefully we will have some success.

I'll let y'all know how it turns out! (assuming y'al give a $h!t!!!!) LMAO!!

Floyd T. :sign:

It's not easy hunting wild turkeys. I hope you kill a bunch.
AR15.gif
Send pictures to PETA after the hunt :p :sign:

It's definately a sport of patience, a little too much so for my tastes. I prefer venison anyway. :D

Nothing like roasted wild turkey! :thumbs:

Good luck Floyd!

It is a beautiful day when you get up before dawn and experience the sunrise in the woods. Just try not to fall asleep. I've done that and had the flock walking all around me, one move and pooof they're history. But even that was kinda fun or at least telling the story is.

Hope ya get one !
Make sure you post back.
I'll stick with bowhunting deer, at least i get a comfy stand and can move a little. Turkeys ya gotta sit motionless on the ground and hope.

Happy Huntin there Floyd :D Bag a good one ;)

BenjieV :D

I ain't got no pics yet (don't have a digital camers ??? ) however, I am workin' on it.

I got a smallish jake (17 pounds) and my brother got himself a 21 pound gobbler! Very nice turkey on his part. And y'all ain't kiddin' 'bout havin' tostay motionless. They suckers can see like a Catholic School Nun!!

We're goin' back out tomorrow to see if I can improve on my jake. I'm goin' lookin' for a decent gobbler with a nice beard. You know, somethin' to be proud of!

I'll let y'all know how it turns out!

Beginners :D Ain't that the way it goes. Try a bow next time.

Gunpowder...my brother has killed one with a bow and I will probably attempt to as well after I take a nice gobbler with a gun. I also want to get my wife a nice gobbler. :D

We'll see. They are crafty little devils! We had two or three gobblers near us (within 70 yards) just over a ridge and were answering calls. Then a quad with some idiots on it spooked 'em. Never heard them again. The kicker is the quad idiots were trespassin'!! Next time, maybe a few shots over their bow will deter 'em!! LMAO!!!!