• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tuthilltown Spirits

nfulton

Just like the topic says, I am in love with the Manhattan Rye. My in laws are in their late 70's and were part of the cocktail generation. While spending a great deal of time sneaking away from Jersey to scope out Birdland and other jazz clubs of the day, they were introduced to the Manhattan and enjoy them to this day imparting their love to me. Already a straight rye fan, I was hooked. Looking to replenish my ever depleted stock of rye I ran into Tuthilltown Spirits. It is not cheap, but the Manhattan Rye is simply amazing. I was wondering if anyone had tried their other spirits? It is not the most wallet friendly at 50 plus dollars a 375ml bottle, but I want to try more and was looking for reviews. Any thoughts?

None of their spirits are inexpensive but the Corn Whiskey is pretty good as far as corn whiskey goes. The baby bourbon certainly has potential but I do agree that the rye is the best of what I've had. It seems to be a bit overkill for a mixed drink, I usually use the Wild Turkey rye or the 6 yo Sazerac Rye when I makemy Perfect Manhattans.

Their recipe for the Manhattan is about 90% rye, so the better the rye the better the drink. We just cut it with sweet vermouth and a dash or two of bitters. They make two ryes. Have you had the Government Warning Rye as well? I can get good corn whiskey from about 20 places in the hills around here so no need for that, but the bourbon looks like it will go on the list.