• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Tyler Thigpen

Dave

Padilla Lanceros, yum yum!!
So, after watching the super juxtaposed game of the Jets vs Chiefs, I was absolutely amazed at Thigpen's performance. He's shown us some interesting abilities, smart football plays, and an impressive completion rating, not including his less than spectacular previous starts. I'm curious as to other people's opinions about the future of this last round draft pick. His start in the NFL seems very similar to Tom Brady's.

The Vikings tried to sneak him through on waivers during final cut last year, but the Chiefs snagged him. Another terrible decision by Brad Childress, who currently has the lowest rating on ESPN's NFL Coach Ratings.

I think he has some talent, but I wouldn't necessarily compare him to Brady. Better comparisons might be J.T. O'Sullivan and Shaun Hill, former Viking QBs. Even Brad Johnson, who was a ninth round draft pick back in the day for the Vikes, is a better comparison.

I am usuallly forced to watch Chiefs games due to my proximity to KC so I've seen Thigpen a couple of times this year and he looked like the worst NFL quarterback I've ever seen, and I remember Bob Avelini!!! But Thigpen actually looked good Sunday. I'm not sure if that was an anomolie(sp?) or not but there might be hope for them if he continues that playing.

Well being that anybody is less injury prone than Croyle, I'm now more interested in Thigpen.